ringwaymanc

Fly With US Airways In October...!

Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:47 pm

We are flying with US in October from man phl dfw..Saw a report that they might be calling it a day from end of September?..According to their CEO....If they do, will another airline step in for US flights????... Getting a little worried.. Sad

[Edited 2004-08-27 12:57:19]

freshlove1

RE: Fly With US Airways In October...!

Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:02 pm

This is about the 10th time a topic with this kind of title has been started..If you do a search you can find plenty of info about what is going on with US.

pilatusguy

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:20 am

ringwaymanc:

check out: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18946-2004Aug20.html?referrer=email

btw: I'm booked on US in Feb... even worse

1rocco

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:20 am

Yes if you do a search you will find that US is doing very poorly and there future is very uncertain. But if you used a credit card to purchase your tickets you should be fine besides I dont think anything will happen before Oct. Then again I am not a MBA I just believe what the CEO and others high up have said in there public announcements. The writing is on the wall. Best of luck to all the folks at US.

Rocco

Adam T.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:24 am

Ringwaymanc,
My Dad and I are also booked on US Airways in October going from CLT to MHT and back. We were discussing what would happen if US Airways were to fall before we flew up to New Hampshire. Like everyone else, we will just have to wait and see.
I'm curious, what happened when Eastern and Pan Am stopped operations? Were the passengers who were booked on flights just out of luck or did other airlines honor their tickets and accomodate them as best as they could?

Adam

aa777flyer

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:37 am

Other airlines are REQUIRED BY LAW of the ATSB to confirm you on a flight (based on space availability) and accept your US tickets. Some airlines charge a small fee around $25 USD to do so, but that is about it.
This system was set up back in 2001 when the goverment bailed out the industry and knowing some carriers would not make it. The goverment did not want to screw the flying public.
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

ringwaymanc

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:45 am

Aa777flyer...does that go for international flights as well as domestic???
went to our travel agent today and were assured a full refund would be granted if they went down the plug hole......dosent get us to dallas though????  Sad

Adam T.

Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:47 am

Thanks for the info AAA777flyer. So lets just say that US Airways closes its doors October 1st, what would guys like myself and Ringwaymanac have to do?

I know this is sad talking about this  Sad , but I honestly want to know what I need to do in case this happens. Before those of you start attacking me, I for one do not want US Airways to go. Living in the Charlotte area I know people who work for US Airways and they are some of the nicest and coolest people and do a damn good job at US Airways and would have to see them lose their job.

Adam

aa777flyer

Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:05 pm

As far as Domestic/Intl I dont know for sure. I think you are still covered by a US carrier but not an international carrier such as BA VS LH. From what I remember when N7 went under passengers called the carrier they wanted to fly on, reservations booked them, then they paid a $25 service charge at the airport and they were on their way!
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!