aa777jr

Airbus & Boeing Security?

Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:52 am

I was wondering being all the airports are getting tighter on security what are the manufactures doing to tighten up if anything at all. I see the pics of Airbus in Toulouse, FRA and Boeing in Everett, WA with all the planes they park before delivery to the carriers but how do they secure them so ppl or a terrorist can't walk in there and take one? All they would need is a little fuel and they could hit a major target in Western Europe or the West Coast of the United States. What is security like at there plants/test facilities?

Cheers,
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

SafetyDude

RE: Airbus & Boeing Security?

Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:57 am

but how do they secure them so ppl or a terrorist can't walk in there and take one?
Well, how are regular airports secured? Fences.

The sites are pretty much like airports, but without terminals.

What is security like at there plants/test facilities?
Besides the fences, when I went on the Boeing tour, bags were not allowed and Boeing made it very clear that they have the right to search anyone and refuse to bring anyone on the tour.

-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

whitehatter

RE: Airbus & Boeing Security?

Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:28 am

There is also the small matter of getting one started and in to the air!

It's not exactly like stealing a car. An airliner on the ground can be prevented from leaving by security vehicles and other obstacles.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...