boeingpride800

What Will Be US Airway's Next Aircraft Purchase?

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:45 pm

What aircraft will US Airways buy next? ANd did they order their Airbus fleet directly from Airbus? If no, from which airlines?

SHUPirate1

RE: What Will Be US Airway's Next Aircraft Purchase?

Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:52 pm

I'd like to say that US Airways will eventually buy more Airbus planes, but first they have to get their financial house in order...if they survive (and it sounds more and more on a daily basis that that's a big if) I'd bet that US Airways will buy up more of the Buses, if for no other reason than to get rid of the trash-heap-eligible Boeings that they have (not all Boeings are that bad, just the ones that US Airways has)
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

A330323X

RE: What Will Be US Airway's Next Aircraft Purchas

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:08 pm

What aircraft will US Airways buy next?

They're attempting to get 90-seat scope relief as part of their pilot negotiations. If they get that, I'd expect a CRJ-900 order for PSA, and a EMB-190 order for MidAtlantic, which are flown on the mainline certificate.

As for "regular" mainline, I wouldn't expect a new order in the near future.

US does currently have on order 10 A330-200 aircraft and 19 A320-family aircraft scheduled for delivery between 2007 and 2009.

ANd did they order their Airbus fleet directly from Airbus? If no, from which airlines?

All of US Airways' Airbus fleet was ordered new directly from Airbus.

Actually, except for 10 757s that were originally delivered to Eastern, all of US's Boeing fleet was delivered new to USAir or Piedmont as well.
I'm the expert on here on two things, neither of which I care about much anymore.

as739x

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:15 pm

Gemini/Dragon/Herpa scale models to remember thier old airline. Thats what I hear the next order is for.

I myself am buying some of the 1/400 scale models

ASSFO
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"

N1120A

Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:39 pm

I am guessing that they will buy whatever is sitting cheap in the desert, as they have NO money. Just kidding. I hope US survives because they have a great livery and employees who deserve to keep working. Also, the one supermodel I know has hundreds of thousands of Dividend Miles, so I want her to be happy =). Since their move is to an Airbus fleet, when and if they sort their problems out, it will probably be more from EADS, unless Boeing bails them out
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

cloudy

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:42 pm

The next USair aircraft purchase will be a corporate jet to take the bigshots away to a resort while creditors and the government liquidate the airline.

But seriously, they are taking what they have already ordered, but will not order anything new anytime soon. Certainly there will be no new types for a long time even if they do pull off a miracle and survive.

azjubilee

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:52 pm

Is this thread starter an honestly serious question? Have you looked at USairs financials lately? That can barely afford the toilet paper in the bathrooms! It's a sad state of affairs indeed. I wish the best fo rthe hard working folks at US.

AZJ

ISPWNfan

Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:59 pm

i really think it would be hard for any new purchases.. just heard that if they dont get major concessions by the pilots, they could go bankrupt in september

smcmac32msn

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:16 pm

Can we re-phrase the question into the following:

What aircraft of US' will be bought by another airline first?
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.