mech

MD-80's Getting Bad Rep. From Media?

Sun Feb 27, 2000 5:28 pm

Are the md-80 getting a bad reputation from the media because of the crash of alaska airlines? It seems they report anything that is a problem for the aircraft even if it is not the stabilizers. I would be willing to bet that there are other types of aircraft that have problems everyday that we dont hear about, maybe Im wrong? Maybe they should tone it down a bit or do they have an agenda.I always thought it was a good airplane and I still think they are but Ill bet there is a lot of people now that would not fly on them after the last month of all the reports of this aircraft. I guess thats just my thoughts. Thanks.

RE: MD-80's Getting Bad Rep. From Media?

Mon Feb 28, 2000 5:20 am

the media lives and breaths the frenzy of death and sensationalism.

we have seen reported cases after the alaska incident of AA problems on MD-80's and if it were not for the AS incident, we would never of heard about it.... especially on CNN.

you are right, they do over punctuate the problem by being a pack of wolves that cannot do anything wrong in their eyes and feed us information beyond what really should be relevent.

it will go away eventually.

RE: MD-80's Getting Bad Rep. From Media?

Mon Feb 28, 2000 8:20 am

hmmmmm, lets see, there have been forty million emergency landings with MD-80/90 aircraft since the AS incident....I think that speaks for itself. And yes an emergency landing does make the local news.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos