Gee you're funny Ultrpig! Did you think of that yourself?
I've seen numerous emergencies here where the a/c has landed safely and then just taxied off to the terminal.
Better to be fully prepared than sorry afterwards.
Having said that though, a full emergency will be declared at WLG
under circumstances that may not be justified at other airports due to:
* the short runway (1835 metres).
* no runway end safety areas (or whatever they're called).
* proximity of trolley bus wires, a major gas main and an arterial road at the northern end of the runway and a ring road at the southern end with a steep drop onto both.
* sea at both ends of the runway.
* high ground on the northern approach combined with often gusty conditions.
777ER, you must be at the same school as my son, Rongotai College.
Anything in this mornings Dominion?