Vimanav
Topic Author

LH Cargo To Axe KHI, Fly To Guangzhou Via DEL

Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:16 am

KHI will be axed from LH Cargo's network effective next month. While the carrier is looking for other options to maintain links with KHI, LHE will continue to see services of LH Cargo. Effective 31OCT04, Guangzhou will get thrice weekly MD11 services by LH with the flights routed via DEL. It will be operated in partnership with Air China Cargo.

Sad for KHI because LH Cargo had a recently refurbished, stylish office near the Sheraton Hotel and I recall just thinking in my mind as recently as June last that at least the LH Crane would continue to grace the KHI skies even as their neighbours KU closed down KHI operations.

Now they are gone too...

rgds//Vimanav

Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

behramjee

RE: LH Cargo To Axe KHI, Fly To Guangzhou Via DEL

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:29 am

KHI has AZ Cargo and Cargolux serving it 1-2 times a week each with MD 11Fs and B 744Fs...AZ is nonstop from MXP and Cargolux is via SHJ/DXB.

LH Cargo if I recall used to have KHI as a stop enroute for their round the world freighter...the flight came in from KUL and continued on to SHJ and then FRA.

LHE has always been considered a better cargo route for airlines than KHI is.

Though it would be nice if LH Cargo would fly the route FRA-KHI-LHE-FRA and not abandon KHI.

If LH obtained 5th freedom rights on the DEL-CAN-DEL route...it shall prove to be a money making machine for them.