ZASpringboks

What's Next For ASA After The DL Announcement?

Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:35 am

We all know how ASA will be affected after the DFW hub seizes operation in '05. Will there be any further announcements for ASA? Any more closures? With the unexpected impact ASA is experiencing, I know of some people that are concerned about their employment with the company. Many team members feel like there was a significant lack of communication between the leadership and it's team members after the announcement.

srbmod

RE: What's Next For ASA After The DL Announcement?

Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:51 am

The a/c that EV has based @ DFW will be sent out to other cities in the DL network. Some of the new routes announced yesterday will be operated by ASA. More than likely, some will be rebased @ ATL, while others will end up @ CVG and SLC and possibly at some of the focus cities. Perhaps ASA will be taking over the ACA routes in the NE, as it looks as though DL getting Skyway onboard to operate the DO328Jets may not be necessary, but they could sell them off to Skyway. Other than the job cuts @ DFW, I don't think ASA will suffer too many cuts elsewhere.

deltaffindfw

Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:03 am

Skip Barnette was in DFW yesterday. He assured everyone that no pilots or FAs would be laid off. In fact, he predicted that ASA would expand in the future. The CR7s will be based in SLC and everyone else will be based in ATL. They will also start flying more to CVG, but those will be through flights. Comair will move out of SLC and ATL and probably will be taking over the former DoJet routes.

kcrwflyer

Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:54 am

you are right, Comair will be talking over all frj routes in CRWa as of nov.2nd

JayDavis

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:11 am

Has anybody thought about or discussed the subject of the overuse of the CRJs helped lead to DL's downfall at DFW? Don't you think they were using them too much to many far away destinations? I can usually handle about an hour flight in one of them, but to fly from here (DFW) to SLC on a RJ is insane at best. I know some of the routes are even further than that. So given a choice, I'd rather fly AA if that is an option on a big jet than an RJ on DL. I just think DL relied on them too much here.

Jay

luv2fly

Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:16 am

I agree with Jay, I do not mind the ERJ's though they are not my favorite, the CRJ's just plain SUCK to be on for any amount of time.
You can cut the irony with a knife

vulindlela744

Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:12 pm

I have just applied with ASA and have had my first interview 2 weeks ago (for flight attendant). I would imagine the DL news re: DFW would mean a hiring freeze for ASA. Seems to me that all the DFW based flight attendants would come to ATL. Even though their will be more flying out of ATL on ASA, I just don't think they would want to take on any more F/A's. Comments please.

Dalmd88

Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:52 pm

Not all of the flight attendants will move to ATL. Some would take the furlough. Same is true for ramp staff and even mechanics.