pwm2txlhopper

Busy Day At BGR Today With British Charters...

Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:16 pm

While doing my daily scan of local traffic coming into local area airports up here in Maine today on flytecomm.com, I noticed quite a lot of activity involving Tran-Atlantic stops by British charter airlines flying to various U.K. destinations from Orlando-Sanford-KSFB. I counted 15 total flights today operated by Brittania, MyTravel Airways, Stratford, Thomas Cook U.K., and one unspecified airline flying 747-2 equipment. It's not uncommon to see a few of these bids come in from SFB reguarly, but this is the first time I've noticed this many in one twenty-four hour period. Just curious as to if there's a holiday in the U.K. this week, or what the occasion is for so many of these flights. Anybody have any idea, or are all these flights today just coincidental?

RobK

RE: Busy Day At BGR Today With British Charters...

Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:18 pm

Most of them go to the Caribbean or Florida and guess what's in that area at the moment......

Smokin cool

Rob K

Christa

RE: Busy Day At BGR Today With British Charters...

Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:57 am

Most of them are for British tourists that are being evacuated from Florida I would think...

I have a friend who is supposed to be flying from CWL-SFB with TCY on a 742 on Thursday, I don't think he'll be going!

BTW, As I said above the 747-200 is an Air Atlanta machine with Travel City Direct colour scheme...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Darren Wilson
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Airsnaps - AirlinesOnPrint

Regards,

Christa
Croeso i Faes Awyr Rhyngwladol Caerdydd - Welcome to Cardiff International Airport