ramerinianair

Unaccompanied Minors

Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:46 am

My sister is travleing alone tomorrow and we want too knnow how she can change her seats. I know on-line checkin is not an option. Can we view seats available at the self service kiosk? She is sitting at a window seat and she gets up a lot. The aisle seats are all taken except for the premium and bulkhead seats. Do you think she will be able to change her seats?
Thanks
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

Vimanav

RE: Unaccompanied Minors

Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:58 am

Depends on a whole lot of factors like airline, sector, load on the flight etc. But generally requests from UMs are considered. Only they may not be allowed to sit on emergency exit row seats. Suggest you request the check-in agent and they will be able to make adjustments. Usually several seats are blocked off for a variety of reasons but can however be allocated by check-in staff depending on the situation.

So good luck!

rgds//Vimanav
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai

airplaneboy

RE: Unaccompanied Minors

Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:59 pm

Many airlines have policies requiring UM's to sit in certain rows.

For instance, at Frontier, all UM's must sit in a bulkhead seat (row 1). This is for the the flight attendants to be able to keep an eye on them. What airline is she flying? Ask an agent or representative and I'm sure they'll accommodate her. Especially if you're paying an unaccompanied minor fee.

Cheers!