B737-112
Topic Author

My First Flight On A EMB-145!

Wed Mar 01, 2000 3:18 am

I just flew on this plane from Chicago (ORD) to Des Moines (DSM) on a BRAND NEW Embraer 145 operating as Eagle Flight 4125. I checked the tail number (N647AE) at landings.com which is updated monthly and it's not there yet! There was a total of nine passengers on a plane that holds 50, so the back of the plane was mine and I moved around frequently to get the best view and sound. The cabin is not uncomfortable like people had said, I'm 6 feet and did not need to bend over, just a little tilt to side to avoid the overhead bin. I sat on the left side of the plane where there is just one seat and it's so amazing! The takeoff roll was every bit as powerful as a Learjet, and the climb is fun as well. The blue leather seats were better than most, the cockpit was a dream with no cluttering at all, big screens and lots of room. Anyone who likes corporate jets has to do a flight on this beauty. -Ryan

jabpilot

RE: My First Flight On A EMB-145!

Wed Mar 01, 2000 3:31 am

great info. on a great jet. i'm thinking about doing a flight on one out of Houston on CO airlines. i only hope they start flying them somewhere closer to California.

RJNUT

RE: My First Flight On A EMB-145!

Wed Mar 01, 2000 4:17 am

you said it!!..its a beauty...i have been on AM eagle and co express and will book future flights....personal space, once seated, is better then larger jets and on CO-ex, a very nice lunch was served..I flew in the summer and the climb-out, up thru the P.M. convective build up ,was impressive..just lite chop..and it comes in for landing much like a MD80 with nose up ,as opposed to the Canadair w/nose down and that can be a bit unnerving, esp. in turbulence..glad you liked it.!!.

I am 6ft3in , by the way, and was very comfortable(again, once seated) but you avoid the cattle car mentality when boarding..you feel like a VIP

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos