L1011aaron
Topic Author

Chester Airport.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:50 am

Does anyone have any information about current services at Chester Airport ( owned by bae systems). Listings show that last year there were fly be charters to Filton and Toulouse with a 146.Obviously charters for bae.

Here is the schedule:

A 0620 Birmingham 146 BE031P Monday Positioning
D 0635 filton/ Tolouse 146 BE9001 Monday charter
A1815 Tolouse/ filton 146 BE9010 Friday charter
D 1900 Birmingham 146 BE 032P Friday Positioning

Sorry, i know it unclearbu the message poster doesn't let you leave more than 1 space.

egnr

RE: Chester Airport.

Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:45 am

The airport itself is actually Hawarden Airport, and the BAe site is now Airbus UK - Broughton.

There is a regular shuttle service between Broughton and Filton using an Eastern Airways Jetstream 41 flying Monday - Thursday:

Depart Broughton :07:45 12:30 16:45
Arrives Filton.......:08:30 13:15 17:30
Depart Filton.......:08:50 13:35 18:05
Arrive Broughton..:09:35 14:30 18:50

No service on Friday.

Broughton employees wishing to go to Toulouse now fly on the shuttle to Filton, then transfer to another flight to Toulouse.

I've also seen a Privatjet A319 parked up overnight a few times, mainly on weekends. I'm not sure what flights it operates before/after arrival at Broughton though.

Other than this there are, Beluga movements, RAF Hawks from Valley flying circuits, a Police Islander, Chester flying school, Raytheon maintenance realted movements, etc.
7late7, A3latey, Sukhoi Superlate... what's going on?

L1011aaron
Topic Author

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:33 am

Thanks a lot for this. I live near in Cheshire and use MAN for spotting. i might go over to Hawarden sometime as i haven't got many private aircraft photos.

Are there any suitable photo areas for viewing.e.g roads and is there any type of terminal with seating etc.

egnr

Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:23 am

With most of the site being controlled by Airbus, access is restricted. Quite often I see people waiting at the end of the runway (right side of pic) if the Beluga is taxiing out.

There is a road running from the bottom right of the photo - leading from Hawarden (off bottom of pic) to Broughton. You can just make out the emegency access gates on the left of that road, with a narrow grey road leading to the runway, with a dirt track just below. These gates are where I see most people watching.

The Airbus factory buildings themselves limit a lot of the view from anywhere else, more so now that the A380 factory is completed (just a building site on this photo (on the left).

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Derek Ferguson

[Edited 2004-09-15 00:26:08]
7late7, A3latey, Sukhoi Superlate... what's going on?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos