FLYIJAX
Topic Author

More Point To Point For DH Confirmed

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:34 am

As many of us had guessed we announced today more point to point service from MCO and TPA. What I didn't know was that both MCO and TPA will have 7 cities served non-stop. Both will have service to IAD,CHS,GSO,HSV,GSP,CAE and TYS. Also I get a first hand look at our first A319 tomorrow as it makes a proving run to JAX and will make several more later this month and next month.

ERJ170

RE: More Point To Point For DH Confirmed

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:43 am

OMG! Did Delta answer back or WHAT????

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040913/clm082_1.html

ATLANTA, Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- In November, Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL - News) customers can travel from the Bay to the heart of the south with one easy flight as Delta begins offering new nonstop service between Tampa, Fla., and five popular cities in Alabama, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

On Nov. 1, 2004, Delta will begin offering customers two daily, nonstop flights each between Tampa, Fla., and Huntsville, Ala.; Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.; and Knoxville, Tenn. The new flights will be flown by Delta Connection carrier Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA).

Delta will also begin offering customers one daily flight between Orlando and Charleston, S.C., starting Nov. 1. This flight is in addition to the flight between these two cities already set to begin Dec. 1 and will be flown by Delta Connection carrier Chautauqua.

Aiming High and going far..

FLYIJAX
Topic Author

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:50 am

Yeah did the same thing when we announced TYS and CAE to MCO few weeks ago. Its pretty common for airlines to match each other to try to retain marketshare. Delta is very big in all the cities we announced so its no surprise they will fight to try and keep their PAX. Looks like good news for people who want to fly in those cities.

[Edited 2004-09-13 23:52:13]

ERJ170

Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:00 am

Well I wish IDE would do something more in RDU... show some Triangle Love....
Aiming High and going far..

FutureFO

Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:57 pm

All I can say is watch out ACA. You are entering into a major area that is controlled by a large entity. Known as DL. If ACA expects to survive in these markets, then they need to go above and beyond the regular service. Step up and maybe you will win some die hard DL and UA fans from Central and West Florida.

Sean from MCO and CVG
I Don't know where I am anymore

akjetBlue

Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:25 pm

I can't wait to see what's in store of MCO with IDE...

Maybe they'll start going after CMH or DAY like DL just announced?

Maybe somewhere west from MCO?

-Philzy
Save a horse! Ride a Cowboy!

FutureFO

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:28 am

I do not see anything further West than HSV for ACA from MCO or TPA. I all ready see them losing money on the MCO and TPA routes since they are invading DL and WN's big markets.

Sean from MCO and CVG
I Don't know where I am anymore

flyinryan99

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:46 am

If I were DH, I would go into cities big enough that don't already have the flights to Florida. There are plenty of midwestern cities that don't have nonstop service there. Three off of the top of my head are SBN, TOL, FWA. Yes, DL has a big presence in all of these cities, but I could easily see DH doing well in here.

Ryan