ual747den

F9 And AA Merger Talks?

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:12 am

Ok I know that this does not seem likely right now and is far out there but I have to bring it up. For the past month I have been hearing people talk about AA and F9 management discussing a merger. At first I just played it off just like every other airline rumor that we hear every day. I got a little more interested in the rumor when I found out that FRONTIER had added a new policy in the employee manual regarding mergers, but that still was not enough to prove anything for sure. A few weeks ago in a news letter released to managers there was a comment saying that F9 did not add the policy because they are currently in talks, they said that it was just something that the legal department thought needed to be added. What got my attention about that was that they mentioned American Airlines specifically. Here is the quote:
A new policy was added to the employee manual, and it includes merger protection language, notifying employees of their rights in the situation of a merger or acquisition. Still, the new policy wasn't added in anticipation of a merger or acquisition, by American Airlines or any airline.
We all know that when the airline is talking about these kinds of things they will deny it until they absolutely have to come out with it, this is standard procedure for an airline, however in my experience it is not standard for them to mention specific details like they did with AA. The final thing that made me post this was that I talked to a few people at AA that work in the Corp. Office and they had known about this rumor also.
To me this seems like a good idea. I know AA is not doing too great right now but they are also not doing to bad when compared to others. AA has always wanted a larger presence in Denver, and this would give it to them. When you look at the F9 and AA route map together they work out great. They also do business in some ways the same. F9 is growing at a steady but not to fast pace. They keep their long term debit low and cash high. They offer a higher level of service than an LCC really has to. They have a successful FF program and so on. All of that can also be said about AA.

What do you think? Could this be in the works? Would they work together well?
/// UNITED AIRLINES

luv2fly

RE: F9 And AA Merger Talks?

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:17 am

Maybe management is getting tired of answering questions concerning this rumor and decided the best way to do that is to address the issue, instead of dancing around it.
You can cut the irony with a knife

mariner

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:23 am

I've heard the rumors, too. I put them in the same category as the strong rumor a year ago that Frontier was geting A321's or A330's (pick your Airbus).

Or, on the other hand, it cvould be in the same category as the strong rumors that Frontier was going to open a base at LAX. The rumors were so strong that management denied them - for a while.

A merger? I doubt it. Frontier is a very expensive airline to buy, with a market cap more than HP.

However - all that said - an alliance, code share, call it what you will - between one of the majors that doesn't have a huge presence at DEN and an airline like Frontier would make a deal of sense.

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

ual747den

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:25 am

You could be completely right and that is most likely what they did. The chances of this being totally wrong are about 99% more likely than it being true, but with all the talks I just thought I would share it with everyone..
/// UNITED AIRLINES

CALMSP

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:26 am

i'm sorry but come on........this has got to be one of the most ridiuclous things i have ever heard..........it would not match up right. Mgmt./pay scales/fleets/route structure...I understand that there may some small points here and there that may point to some sort of idea but this is not going to be one of them that will go through.

su184

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:27 am

How will get along with their fleets then, F9 with its A318/319's & AA with almost all Boeing fleet, I know F9 is way smaller and sure if this results in a full merger the Airbuses will have to find new home, but the A318 would be hit for the second time from AA.

dan2002

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:32 am

It would probally drive AA under, 2 completely different fleets, and almost 2 completely different route structures. It would be the final nail in AA's coffin.

-Dan
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

ual747den

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:36 am

I would guess if they did merge FRONTIER would be ran as AA's LCC division. It would be ran like an efficient Song/Delta or Ted/United. Basically what they would be doing is what UA and DL have done but they would be way ahead of them. Instead of making your own LCC with the same staff that works for the mainline it would be a branch off of the company. This is what UA and DL want to do but for them it will take a long time to get it done.

Now I agree 100% with you on this Mariner, I would love to see some kind of close relationship between the two though!
/// UNITED AIRLINES

hz747300

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:38 am

I think it would stink! It would put UA/AA head-to-head at two airports (more if you count LA [less so for AA]).
Keep on truckin'...

mariner

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:48 am

Don't you love a good rumor to get everyone's juices flowing?

Put it this way: Frontier's present market cap is about $300 million.

HP's market cap is about $230 million.

Which airline would you buy?

But - as I say - a code share is a whole different ball game. It wouldn't cost anything.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

airplaneboy

Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:57 am

Luv2Fly is exactly right. The company addressed that in our weekly crewmember newsletter. Every newsletter has a "Rumors Fly" section where rumors are addressed. Rather than letting the rumor grow or dancing around responding to the issue, management addresses rumors to satisfy the curiosity of its employees. After all, we do have a right to know.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

PHLBOS

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:04 am

Personally, if there's any truth to this rumor; I hope that it DOESN'T happen!!!!!

PHL just got F9 and I had a chance to fly them last month when I used them to go to PDX during my vacation. I was very impressed with their service plus, I got a very reasonable fare; r/t PHL-PDX w/DEN connection for $314 which was about $10 cheaper than WN with only one stop along the way as opposed to two.

The last thing we need, especially at PHL, is some big carrier gobbling up another smaller more affordable carrier and then cutting back on service when they realized that they bit off more than they could chew. Examples: AA slashing service at TW's STL hub, US grabbing PSA in the West Coast then dropping most of its newly-acquired routes (not just the overlaps). Not to mention the return of grossly overpriced fares.

One would of thought that AA learned some lessons from the TWA and Reno Air acquisitions; if this rumor's true, apparently AA didn't learn anything.

[Edited 2004-09-14 22:07:14]
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

MAH4546

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:08 am

One would of thought that AA learned some lessons from the TWA and Reno Air acquisitions; if this rumor's true, apparently AA didn't learn anything.

What lessons? They acquired and elimiated the compietition. It all worked out fine for AA. Sure, there were headaches, but the mergers were not disasters.
a.

DIA

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:18 am

As Virgin (or Branson  Insane) once said, "NO WAY BA / A^A"

To which I'll say, "NO WAY F9 / A^A"

As many have already stated above: just not very likely, but intriguing none the less.
Ding! You are now free to keep supporting Frontier.

SPREE34

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:43 am

It would be a grand screwing for the F9 employees. F9 considers it's employees an asset. There is your first cultural difference between F9 & AA

AA corporate (model of arrogance) would gain space at a few airports and a customer base.
AA Employees (never treated as assets) would see to it that F9 people were put behind, and below them in every respect.

F9 would wither and die before the merger could be completed.

I don't understand everything I don't know about this.

hz747300

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:46 am

Oh yeah, and AA would inherit a fleet of Airbus narrowbodies!!! That means when the 767 fleet is up for renewal they would choose the A330 over the 7E7 because of commonality. This deal would be a big, big win for Airbus!!!
Keep on truckin'...

azjubilee

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:05 am

What would AA WANT from a merger with Frontier? There is nothing to gain. If they wanted to expand in DEN, they alread have the ability to do so. DEN is not bursting at the seams and is not a slot controlled airport. AA is free to increase its precence in DEN as is all the other airlines out there. THis is one of the more rediculous merger rumors out there... much like the DL and CO one.

AZJ

EA CO AS

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:08 am

FWIW, we keep hearing about a potential AS/F9 merger - although I doubt it would ever take place.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

mariner

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:18 am

EA CO AS:

AS/F9? Is that still around? I thought that rumor died about 18 months ago.

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

frugalqxnwa

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:45 am

A F9/AA merger might be a good move by AA. Should UA go down into Ch7 (I actually think UA will survive), then AA would have a good foothold in DEN with which to grow another hub. The only major hangups I see are the express carrier contracts (F9 with QX in particular) and F9's Airbus fleet. Should the merger go through, the QX contract would be subject to scope clauses, and I believe AA would replace the A318/319 fleet as soon as possible given their excellent relations with Airbus, if they have the cash.

moman

Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:46 am

UAL747DEN:

I often thought that AA should have made TWA it's low cost carrier instead of an all out integration. I think the synergies could have been huge. It would be interesting to see them do it with Frontier.

Of course TWA would have to have been worked over pretty well.

Moman

[Edited 2004-09-14 23:47:32]
AA Platinum Member - American Airlines Forever

aa777flyer

Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:38 am

I would like to say "will never happen" But I would say it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY.....AA does NOT have the $$$ to do anything, heck AA cannot even pay its own bills! AA's unions would have a S$*% FIT over it, and it would go against AA's turn around plan of fleet simplification.
This is JUST A RUMOUR. NOT TRUE!
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

aeroman62

Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:01 am

Well, maybe far fetched, however if one thinks United is destined to fail, and one wanted to capitalize on a good hub location, and one has many surplus planes parked in sunny dessert spots, then buying an outfit like Frontier, and phasing out the Airbus planes in favor of one'sn surplus MD80/738's, maybe this would work. Gates are precious at DIA right now, however I don't know if they worth $300 million to AA to get a hub in there. Interesting possibility....

NWAFA

Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:05 am

AA would NOT want F9. Just from one thing alone, AIRCRAFT TYPES.

Rumor is Rumor, folks....
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

mariner

Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:53 am

Aeroman62:

It would be more than $300 million. Frontier shareholders would expect something more than the current market price - at least 50% more.

So American would need to offer at least $500 million (cash or stock). And I can't imagine American would pay that.

NWAFA:

"AA would NOT want F9."

In this case, the greater question is - would F9 want AA? And I can't think of one reason why they would - except for an awful lot of money.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cheers

mariner

[Edited 2004-09-15 05:00:48]
aeternum nauta

JAFA

Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:17 pm

The only reason for AA to buy F9 would be to eliminate competition. AA can easily come up with 30 something airplanes if it wanted a presence in DEN something like Frontier.

iowaman

Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:23 pm

It would be more than $300 million. Frontier shareholders would expect something more than the current market price - at least 50% more.

woohoo!!!!! Hurry up and merge!!! Big thumbs up

mariner

Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:45 pm

Jafa:

"AA can easily come up with 30 something airplanes..."

Yes, they could. But - just out of interest - what gates at DEN would they use?

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

ckfred

Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:49 pm

I don't see this happening. First, AA's past mergers haven't lived up to AA's expectations. Air Cal was supposed to give AA a north-south presence on the West Coast. WN ran AA out of the West.

After selling the SJC hub to QQ, AA bought QQ. There isn't a lot left of the QQ hub at SJC, and AA completely dismantled the hubs at RNO and LAS.

The TW purchase may have worked better if A) there had been no September 11th and B) the US/UA merger had gone through. STL was supposed to be the reliever for congested ORD, which became uncongested very quickly. Further, AA was supposed to lease a number of F100s to DC Air while swapping TW's 757s for US's 757s. That would have made integration a lot easier.

Then there is the Airbus issue. Why buy an airline if you have to get rid of the entire fleet? TW made some sense, since it flew MD-80s, 757s, and 767s. Granted, AA got rid of the 767s and would have swapped 757s, but retraining pilots and mechanics on a different version of an aircraft is much cheaper than on competely different airplanes.

Besides, the unions would have a fit. There are so many former TW employees on furlough. The F9 employees would be junior to them.

I'm not sure that a codeshare would be a good idea. It worked with QQ, because it was primarily a north-south carrier, while AA flew east out of the West Coast. About the only overlap was LAS-LAX.

On the other hand, F9 competes with AA for east-west traffic. Going from PHL to LAX, one can fly AA via ORD or DFW, or F9 via DEN.

If UA starts slipping towards Chapter 7, then the issue will probably be revisited. But my guess is that AA might be preparing for a US liquidation. If that happens, I would expect Eagle's Northeast Shuttle to be replaced with MD-80s from the desert, and RDU could see a ramping up of service.

flyibaby

Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:19 pm

First of all, DIA has often bragged that they could build another two concourses due to their vast amount of space. If AA wanted in there, all they would have to is put forward a bond of some sort which really wouldn't be hard to finance since gate space is at a premium in DIA. Just keep in mind that the only city AA has grown into as a hub that has worked since ORD and DFW is MIA. All others have failed, mostly due to operational cost. Someone referenced the sale to QQ and then the purchase of QQ, lets not forget that Crandall's wife was on the board of QQ too.

With regard to AA building up service from Eagle to mainline in RDU. Maybe, but most likely not. Eagle already signed an agreement to build a maintanace hangar and base in RDU. The aircraft they use support the use of frequency whereas I don't think adding capacity to an already over-flowing market would help the bottom line. Lastly, until the airport starts to make some progress in RDU on the terminal expansion, their really isnt the gate space to accomodate that many more mainline flights than they already run.

Just my two cents...

ual747den

Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:40 pm

For the people that think that AA wouldn't want F9, you are crazy. F9 is among the best LCC's and the second most finically stable if you ask me. Of course AA could come into DEN if they wanted and start their own operation but how long would it take them to get to where Frontier is today? My guess if many many years. In Colorado Frontier is gold, the locals love F9 and are very loyal. Frontier has also built a "buzz" is the cities that it serves and that is something that American would be interested in buying, not just the routes and aircraft.
Again, I don't think that this is going to happen, but it could and there is no reason why AA (if they had the money) wouldn't be willing to dish it out. The opposition would be on the Frontier side.
/// UNITED AIRLINES

flyibaby

Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:59 pm

UAL747,
I agree, but we would all have to agree that AA would kill it. If AA is good at something, that is it.

ILSApproach

Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:34 pm

Nuts

Just my opinion.

Mike

ERJ170

Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:57 pm

With regard to AA building up service from Eagle to mainline in RDU. Maybe, but most likely not.

Very true. I am almost 90% sure that AA will not build up a focus city that could hurt one of it's hubs. AA would choose MIA over RDU anyday. RDU is basically a O&D market. Whatever RDU can support, AA will put there. But not much more.

Eagle already signed an agreement to build a maintanace hangar and base in RDU.

Really? When did this happen? I read on another forum that AE wants to put a base at RDU but APA won't allow it without an AA base there also. I thought Comair was going to build a maintanance base at RDU. So that is 2 of the 5 maintanance building RDUAA is projecting to build?

The aircraft they use support the use of frequency whereas I don't think adding capacity to an already over-flowing market would help the bottom line.

Like has been stated, RDU is a 50/50 business/leisure market and a 99.5% O&D market. We basically have pseudo-shuttle service to NYC, WAS, DFW, and BOS. But, there are several markets which are completely underserved by RJ or EMB170/190.

There are a lot of skeptics that think that RDU is oversaturated, but the fact is that a number of new businesses and HQ are popping up in RTP. I could see F9 mainline to DEN and F9Express to MCI. 2 markets that could be satisfied and support both of those routes.

Lastly, until the airport starts to make some progress in RDU on the terminal expansion, their really isnt the gate space to accomodate that many more mainline flights than they already run.

Here here.. they are, however, starting to work on the ground work before the terminal can be torn down and rebuilt. They HAVE been working on it since early this year. Demolition is scheduled to being early 2005 with construction beginning mid-2005, with completion of the South Concourse in 2008 and North Concourse in 2009 (with 40 gates and options for 12 more). Also, expect to see the 3rd runway being built also. I would think it would be serviceable with Terminal C (2) completion.

Upon completion, expect to see Terminal A to be rebuilt b/w Termina A & C.. and see onld Terminal A torn down and rebuilt to 3x it's current size (40+ gates).

However, should RDU decide, there are a few gates that could be freed up. US Airways has 5 and their operation could easily be consolidated to 4 and it would save them some needed cash... AW only use their gate 3x daily.. they could easily share with someone else who doesn't use their gate often. FL only use theirs 5x daily.

What RDU needs now is a larger RON space, which I think is being constructed and near completion near the GAA terminal.

[Edited 2004-09-15 12:59:55]
Aiming High and going far..

swardu

Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:26 pm

I doubt AA would even concoct a merger idea with Frontier. AA's past track record with mergers in my eyes leaves little to be desired. Merger with AirCal, routes, planes, and probably most employees...gone. Merger with RenoAir, routes, planes, and probably most employees...gone. Merger with TW, routes, most aircraft, most employees....gone with the exception of Eagle in STL. Do you all see the pattern? AA sees something ripe for takeover to get them out of the way and for a cheap price. Frontier for them would be too costly, not only as a company but at DIA....plus not really sure AA would want to go head to head with UA in 2 cities....ORD & DIA.

Just my 2 cents worth

LMP737

Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:53 pm

This is assuming that the rumors are true. Even money says that they are not. After the mess with the TWA "merger" it is highly doubtful that the current management has any stomach for another one.

Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Falcon Flyer

Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:11 pm

NWAFA:
American bought AirCal and its fleet of 737-200s, 737-300s and BAe 146-200s, none of which were operated by AA. The AirCal MD-80s were gone well before the merger. How did AIRCRAFT TYPES come into play there ?
My definition of cool ? Not trying so hard to be cool.

DIA

Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:47 pm

"American bought AirCal and its fleet of 737-200s, 737-300s and BAe 146-200s, none of which were operated by AA."

Wrong. American did indeed operate the AirCal fleet of 732s, 733s, and BAe-146s.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Guido Allieri - Italy

View Large View Medium

Photo © Frank Schaefer

View Large View Medium

Photo © Tom Vance

DIA

Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:00 am

In regards to the AirCal MD-80s: I think they all ended up going to Continental.

ckfred

Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:46 am

When I talk about AA ramping up RDU, in the event of a US shutdown, it wouldn't look like RDU in the late 80s and early 90s.

CLT serves 2 puposes for US. First, it's a connecting point for north-south traffic into Florida. Second, it connects traffic from cities in the Southeast and fans them throughout the US system.

Although DL will get a lot of the O&D traffic for small and medium cities in the Southeast, AA certainly could switch some of the Eagle flights to DCA, LGA, BOS, etc. to mainline, and have Eagle start routes to a few southern cities, like CAE, CLT, and SAV. This wouldn't be as big as BOS or STL.

As to F9, granted, airlines have gone through mergers with carriers with fleets that not at all similar, but why buy F9, then have to buy more planes? It's just way too expensive.

access-air

Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:51 am

I think what we really have to keep our eyes open for is some kind of Merger between AA and AS......They already do a codeshare...They both fly common types. They (AA) would have a monopoly in Alaska and have a nice cozy ready made hub in the PacNW and much west coast service to Mexico.
I see more likely that AA would try and buy out or "merge" AS..operate it as they did OC and QQ and TW for a while then tear down the structure to infuse its own
bad AA culture into it.
As for the Frontier being taken over by AA.....Its unlikely at this point but I think that they might try and do a code share but I am wondering how they might handle that kind of situation in cities the AA and F9 overlap in...
Another airline that I think AA would be looking to buy and eliminate would be Midwest Airlines....They are not in the best of shape...and they fly MD-80s and B717s. If that ever came about, I wonder if AA would make the same mistake again and get rid of a potential Fokker 100 replacement by getting rid of YX's B717s...Like they did with TWA's?????? Its very puzzling that AA didn't think to order this machine anyway...
The only way I see AA trying to take over F9 is if UAL does indeed bite the big one...Then there will be a massive void....to fill.....and MANY GATES....Sheesh.
But then wasn't CO rumoured to want to reestablish a DEN hub at one point??? Maybe that is more conceivable if UAL bites it than AA....

OH and Yes.....Falcon Flyer.... AA did indeed fly 737-20s 300s and 146s....and all In full AA colours...I have seen them all with my own eyes...Look thru A.net and you will see a few.

Cheers, Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

ckfred

Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:57 am

AccessAir:

Part of the US/UA/AA/TW scheme was AA leasing a number of F100s to DC Air, which was going to take over a lot of US routes out of DCA. AA was planning to take a look at the 717 to see if it made sense as the F100 replacement. I believe some the the 717s delivered after the "merger" even came in the interim TW/AA scheme.

When the UA/US merger was cancelled, then AA decided to get rid of the 717, because it the lease terms were very poor. September 11th hastened the departure of the 717.

EA CO AS

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:18 am

AS/F9? Is that still around? I thought that rumor died about 18 months ago.

That's what I'd thought too, but rumors were running wild right before the "big announcement" last week regarding the layoffs at AS. Senior management was on a conference call at 1:15pm PST and said there would be a big announcement at 1:30pm PST.

During that 15 minutes, we heard everything under the sun. Then, just before the press release came out, we heard someone at the PHX ticket counter saying that an F9 employee had just checked in for a flight and said, "So I hear you're buying us today?"

That set everyone on their ear. LOL  Nuts
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

DIA

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:24 am

"OH and Yes.....Falcon Flyer.... AA did indeed fly 737-20s 300s and 146s....and all In full AA colours...I have seen them all with my own eyes...Look thru A.net and you will see a few."

Just look at Reply 37. . .save some time. . .

mariner

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:26 am

EA CO AS:

I'd guess - only a guess - that the F9 employee was having a bit of fun.

At the moment, it would seem to me, and hey, what do I know, that AS management is being very very cautious - witness the lay-offs.

I know they have over $700 million cash in the bank, but it seems unlikely that they would blow most of that to acquire F9.

Then again, the rumors didn't make a lot of financial sense the first time around. We looked at the econimocis of it quite thoroughly on the Yahoo board, and the numbers didn't seem to work.

But gee, it's tough to kill a good rumor. I guess it makes the arilne world go round.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

Thrust

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:46 am

It might do good for STL...Frontier I thought found STL appealing to them and was looking to expand here....like the one focused on about AA and F9, this thing I heard was also a rumor....but...hey, who knows? AA has made several buyouts in the past two decades. I thought they purchased Air Cal as well as Reno Air and TWA. And now they are looking for yet another buyout, that is, if the rumor is credible? This has to be a record-setter for two decades!!!
Fly one thing; Fly it well

Falcon Flyer

Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:47 am

To reply to NWAFAs thread regarding aircraft types and mergers, the point I was trying to make was that none of those aircraft were operated by AA PRIOR to the merger.
My definition of cool ? Not trying so hard to be cool.

RogerThat

Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:57 am

I can remember hearing about an AA merger rumor with AS and the original Frontier 20 years ago.

airfrnt

Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:31 am

The AA/F9 stuff is extremely unlikely for a variety of reasons. 1) AA owns DFW. Having another hub so close is completely useless for them. DL pulling out of DFW makes DFW even more attractive for them, as it basically gives them fortress hub status.

On top of that the main axis between AA's major hubs (ORD and DFW) goes right over DEN. It makes no sense for them to add a third point in the middle. I think the fact is that the best canidate for F9 to merge with (if they were going to merge at all) is B6 (Fleet commonality, Second Hub with access to all areas of the nation geographically) and perhaps FL (no fleet commonality, but things are going to get tight for them in Atl, and they are getting burned by the weather in ATL bad) or CO (Which may try to capitilize on US and UA's weeknesses)

I think AA/F9 stuff is incredibly unlikely, esp given the entire DFW situation.

7e72004

Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:32 am

The time that F9 and AA merge will be the time that i have Natasha Henstridge in my lap!!  Big thumbs up
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!