Carfield
Topic Author

Brief Report On My Inaugural Jetblue Flight To LGA

Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:27 am

Well, I don't think I will do a trip report...

I flew the first flight out of LGA today for FLL
6am departure N569JB Blue Brothers... on time departure and early arrival...
No festivity at LGA at all -- only one mention of this being the inaugural flight -- no poster, no cert... I was a bit disappointed, but I guess all the festivities were saved for the 10am flight. The service was fine and on the outbound, we got the new system with 30+ channels and four FOX movie testing channels -- Moulin Rouge, Princess Bride, Sound of Music, and the Rocky Horror Show with the new channels of USA Network....

I flew the 11:10am return... there was more festivities at FLL and I think the folks at the 9am flight got some posters. Anyway, there was a full day buffet with bottled waters and orange juice (Minute Maid), and then full array of breakfast breads -- bagels, croissants, muffins... There were some kind of PR people around and for some reasons, there were more than seven handicapped passengers in our flight... and one of the Jetblue staff just asked what they wanted and brought them coffee and breakfast pastry... that was very nice. Pilots were mingling with passengers and announcing that it was the first day flying in and out of LGA. The aircraft was an older one -- BlueBird N503JB with the basic 24 channels setup... It was on time departure and early arrival again... what a surprise for LGA!

Jetblue used gate A5, next to Air Canada and Continental's gate areas... for both of my flights at LGA. There was a B6 counter at gate A5 sitting next to AC stuff. jetblue has its own check in counters next to Canjet and Continental with the IBM machines for passengers without bags. It has its own dedicated carousel for bags as well, next to canjet/Continental again.

There were lots of B6 employees in LGA today... it certainly marks a new era here.

Almost forget... the load is very good -- almost full with a few empty middle seats... even the 6am flight... I was lucky to get an empty middle on both ways...

Carfield

Carfield
Topic Author

Update From Concourse B Food Court

Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:34 am

Well, I guess B6 is using the gates at Concourse B of CTB as well -- Just saw N503JB with the dots livery towed into gate B5 around 3:33pm...

jetblue planes are beautiful additions to the LGA scene.

Carfield

FLAIRPORT

RE: Brief Report On My Inaugural Jetblue Flight To LGA

Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:05 am

thanks for the info! i am flying that route (FLL-LGA) in 2 weeks exactly... could you PLEASE post a full report in the trip reprts section along with pics if you have them? Also, where was ur arriving plane going and where was your departing flight coming from?
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

JBLUA320

RE: Brief Report On My Inaugural Jetblue Flight To LGA

Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:30 pm

Hey there

Nice to see you enjoyed the experience. For the record, N503JB was jetBlue's first A320 (though 504 operated the first flight). And it has the stripes livery, not the dots  Smile

Keep flyin' the blue tails!

JBLUA320

Carfield
Topic Author

No Pic

Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:09 am

no picture... sorry mate... it was really early in the morning and gate A5 is not too ready and the flight display system was not even working. About Jetblue's interior, I am sure you will find lots of them at this website.

My outbound flight from LGA came in from JFK the night before -- positionning flight and in the future, I am sure the flight would overnight in JFK from FLL. My return flight... the aircraft was parked at another concourse and seemed like overnighting at FLL from somewhere else the night before.

The service was a full beverage service with the usual array of snacks, such as Blue Chips, Munchies Mix, smoked almonds, pretzels... mostly salty snacks on both flights.

Enjoy,
Carfield