UAL747

Are Pilots And Airlines Gearing Up For A380?

Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:07 am

I was wondering if the future pilots of the A380 are already in training to fly the beast. Not sure which airline will receive them first, but would be interesting to know what the airline's preparations are.

Also, has there been much advertising from A380 operators on their new aircraft?

On a more somber note, who here thinks the A380 will be a MAJOR terrorist target?

UAL747
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Ken777

RE: Are Pilots And Airlines Gearing Up For A380?

Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:06 am

I can't answer your first question, but I have been wondering about pilots at airlines with 380s on order. Is there a rush of applications to move to the 380, or are the most logical pilots (747 rated) wanting to stay where they are? It would be interesting to know if their attitude is wanting to move to the 380 as soon as possible, or if they are happy with the 747, or any other plane they are now flying.

380 advertising will probably wait until an airline takes delivery. Airbus is advertising some - I say a billboard outside of the airport at SYD with an ad for the 380 last year. Airlines right now have to worry about advertising their sale prices.

whitehatter

Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:20 am

Also, has there been much advertising from A380 operators on their new aircraft?

On a more somber note, who here thinks the A380 will be a MAJOR terrorist target?

Point one: too early. Tickets aren't bought a couple of years in advance, and that's who advertising is targetted at.

Point two: no more really than a 747. Whether it is 400 or 500 lives lost, it would be an outrage which gets worldwide attention. That's what the terrorist wants after all, not just a scorecard of how many die.
Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

PIA777

Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:21 am

I do know that Fedex has already sent their people to France for training.
My former coworker's brother works for fedex in some capacity and has been there twice already.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!