777ER
Crew
Topic Author

Virgin Blue To Introduce Self Check-in Machines

Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:04 am

DJ expects to start rolling out self service, check-in machines at most airports accross its network. The ATM like machine will enable its Guests to check-in faster and choose their own seats. DJ expects the new service will speed up check-in and will enable the airline to expand even more, without the need to employee more check-in staff. Later on Guests with luggage will be able to use the new service. Once the boarding pass has been printed, the guests will then go to a special counter for the secuirty checks. BNE will be the first airport to have the new check-in service in November. Mr Godfrey expects the roll out of the ATM like machines to take upto 12 months.

SOURCE: ozflight.com.au

[Edited 2004-09-18 04:09:27]

fuffla

RE: Virgin Blue To Introduce Self Check-in Machines

Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:08 am

That is great news,
I have always looked forward to flying QF just to use these machines and now I have even more chance of using them. Will the self-luggage check in machines require the assistance of one employee, just like with QF?

P.S I think you meant Brisbane-BNE

anstar

Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:04 pm

Lets hope QF or DJ bring in online checkin soon. It's a great feature with BA etc and would save even more hassle

greatansett

Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:59 pm

Ansett used to have own checking machines (OCM) Im surprised that Virgin didn't use the OCM that were already in the terminals after they had taken control of the terminals after Ansett.
Ron Paul 2012