Tennisace
Topic Author

Aloha In-flight Service?

Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:30 pm

Hello, Has anyone flown Transpacific on Aloha lately? I'm wondering how their service in Economy is. Meal? Movie? PTV(I know, not likely)? Seating room okay? Claustrophobic on the B&37-700? Thanks for all info.

nwcoflyer

RE: Aloha In-flight Service?

Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:45 pm

Hey Tennisace

I flew AQ this past winter from SNA-KOA. The trip was excellent. The food was good, and we got real silverware in Y. Complimentary Mai-Tai's, drop down LCD screens on the 73G's with a movie, legroom was great (I had exit row), and it didn't seem claustrophobic at all.

I was expecting the flight to seem much more cramped than it was.

Service was good, flights were ontime. In short, Aloha is excellent. One of the few great airlines out there.

Though I am die-hard NW fan, I would probably fly AQ to Hawaii over NW. (Still cant believe I said that).
The New American is arriving.

4jaded

Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:58 am

I have flown AQ SNA HNL roundtrip. It was the bomb! The very best inflight service I have had on a narrow body ever. Food was the best in the sky !

sfo212

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:46 am

It was a few years ago that I flew Aloha from OAK-HNL. Was a bit leary of taking a 737 across 2,400 miles of Pacific Ocean but was very pleasantly surprised. Great service, complimentary Mai Tai and best of all warm chocolate chip cookies and milk toward the end of the flight. Not sure if they are still doing it.

They are a good option since they normally go to the less crowded airports. That service has been in operation at least 4 years now. They have expanded routes, so they must be doing something right. Good competition for AA, UA, HA, NW, and ATA. Best of all, you can earn Mileage Plus miles on them.

ua2162

Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:48 pm

As my name tells you, I prefer UA but AQ is still one of the best out there. Yes, they still bake those delicious cookies and they'll still give you a free mai tai. The seat pitch is great and I have yet to feel cramped (a tough task considering I'm almost 6'4"!

I was so impressed with their service, I booked another KOA-SNA flight on 10/6.

Best of all, you get UA FF miles.

FLIBOYZ

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:21 am

Free headsets, Complimentary Mai-Tais, Complimentary baked on-board cookies with milk before landing and I think the best Meals in the skies. Good portions, very tasty all servied in ceramic dishware along with real silverware.

Aloha has something good going for them. I paid for a F/C upgrade to HNL from OAK one-way and sat in coach on the way back. To experience both cabins. What an awesome product they have going.

First class food could have fed two people from one entree. Very classy.

keep up the AWESOME work AQ.