HyperMike

Vanguard Airlines Initiates PIT-ATL Service

Thu Mar 02, 2000 5:34 am

The following is a press release issued by Vanguard Airlines:

Wednesday March 1, 10:54 am Eastern Time
Company Press Release
SOURCE: Vanguard Airlines
Vanguard Airlines Initiates New Nonstop Service Between Atlanta and Pittsburgh
KANSAS CITY, Mo., March 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Vanguard Airlines, Inc. (Nasdaq: VNGD - news) initiates two nonstop flights between Atlanta and Pittsburgh this Thursday, March 2, 2000. With a 21-day advance purchase, fares start as low as $59* each way. ``Walk-up'' or day of travel fares may be purchased for $239* one-way, a savings of approximately 50% off the current $481* one-way full coach fare in the market. For complete schedule information and to purchase tickets, please visit Vanguard's website at www.flyvanguard.com, call 1-800-VANGUARD, or contact your local travel agent. * Prices do not include the Federal Excise Tax of $2.50 per segment and Passenger Facility Charges of up to $6 one way.

Robert J. ``Rocky'' Spane, President and CEO of Vanguard Airlines, said, ``With this new service, Vanguard now offers three non-stop destinations out of both Atlanta and Pittsburgh, with connections to numerous other destinations. We are very pleased to offer this new service to business and leisure travelers alike, who can now enjoy our lower fares with added frequency.''

*remainder of press release deleted*

RJNUT

RE: Vanguard Airlines Initiates PIT-ATL Service

Thu Mar 02, 2000 5:40 am

Vanguard still needs to improve reliability..I live here in KC and here horror stories about lengthy delays.. i hope they make it. but boy would i like to see them buy B-717 like Air Tran.

That would improve their image greatly

HyperMike

RE: Vanguard Airlines Initiates PIT-ATL Service

Thu Mar 02, 2000 5:45 am

I want to see how US and DL react.

If they both increase service while decreasing fares, pushing Vanguard out, and then go back to the way it was, they know that the DOJ will be down their throats.... just like American.

This will be interesting.

BryanG

MDW-CVG Dead

Thu Mar 02, 2000 6:49 am

Last week they announced that they were quitting the MDW-CVG route. The loads were too light, and the majors were matching their $60 roundtrip fares.

This little route juggle isn't enough to worry me, though if we see two or three more changes I'll be time to diagnose them as haveing Eastwind disease.

They canceled a flight on me at the last second a few weekends ago. I wanted to give them a try. It was MDW-CVG, and now that "maintainence problem" excuse that they fed me sounds more and more like a load insufficiency cancellation. Either way, I've boycotted them for life.