Chiguire
Topic Author

Iberia Trick To Fool Passengers?

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:36 pm

On September 13th I flew with IB from CCS via MAD to FRA. Scheduled arrival in MAD was 07:35. We arrived about 15 minutes late. The scheduled departure to FRA was 09:05. I went to the Gate. The FRA-flight was delayed 30 minutes. When I finally wanted to board I was told that the time for my baggage was too short and that I was booked to the next flight and that "you have to go to the transit desk" (that is the way they talk to their passengers). Although the time was long enough to bring the baggage.
At the counter I could not believe what I saw: some 50 people standing around that small counter without making a row. Finally it was my turn and the lady behind the counter asked me if I had any baggage checked ! I asked if that wasn't the reason why am there and she said that she could not see that in her computer. She finally booked me and I took the next flight at 11:15 (again delayed). Meanwhile all the other passengers around me at that counter had the same problem: "plane to late to bring baggage have to take the next one". While boarding me flight to FRA the passenger before me was told the same. Finally I think, as I got the last seat it was his one.
I have the strong feeling that Iberia has overbooked their flights and fond a good way not having to pay compensations (quite a lot according to EU standards). So they just pick out the passengers in transit and tell them the story about their luggage.
Has anyone made the same experience ?

anxebla

RE: Iberia Trick To Fool Passengers?

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:44 pm

How long did you make your reservation in advance?
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

Chiguire
Topic Author

Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:47 pm

I had a ticket booked - about a month.

luisde8cd

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:05 am

Hey Chigüire, why didn't you fly LH nonstop from CCS to FRA?

Chiguire
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:09 am

Hola Luisde8cd ! LH was full and apart of that it would have been more expensive. But I am quite sure I will never make such an experiment again. Leaving 30 minutes later in CCS and arriving 6 hours later in FRA !
Apart of the described mass at MAD the flight was awful. Its a shame how passengers are treated on board. The passengers behind me even started to talk about good old VA-times....

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:15 am

Well... When you need to take another flight in MAD, it's true IB's policy is no to risk with the connection times if you have luggage.
Anyway... please, note that PAY compensations are made when an airline REFUSE you to boarding.This was no your case.

The regulation of European Union for this cases is the following:
Sistemas de compensación por denegación de embarque: (Denied-boarding compesation system)
1.-Denegación de embarque contra su voluntad (they are denied boarding against their will)
2.-Cancelación de su vuelo (their flight is cancelled)
3.-Retraso de su vuelo -dos horas o más, en función de la distancia del vuelo- (their flight is delayed for more than 2 hours, depending on the distance of the flight)

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:25 am

There is a web page, very useful.They give advises about consumers regulations... www.europa.eu.int There's info in 20 languages... that's oficial web-site of European Union ....

luisde8cd

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:38 am

Hola Luisde8cd ! LH was full and apart of that it would have been more expensive. But I am quite sure I will never make such an experiment again. Leaving 30 minutes later in CCS and arriving 6 hours later in FRA !
Apart of the described mass at MAD the flight was awful. Its a shame how passengers are treated on board. The passengers behind me even started to talk about good old VA-times....

I see, well might wanna try UX next time or Santa Barbara and then the cheapest carrier between MAD-FRA, there must be some LCC operating the route...

Chiguire
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:43 am

I was thinking about that, but there is generally no LCC to FRA. Well there is AB flying via PMI. But that is too complicated... So no chance.

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:51 am

Luis, chiguire... you are wrong.... very very wrong.The Best airline in the CCS-MAD route is, by far, Iberia.Don't get mistake in that issue.
By the way... two years ago, I did CCS-AMS-MAD with KLM... and never, never more with KLM... bad service, very very bit food on board,and my luggage was in AMS.... for 5 days!!!  Angry

Chiguire
Topic Author

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:56 am

Anxebla, don't worry about KLM, they don't fly anymore to CCS. And lets better don't talk about service and food on IB.
And apart of that the best airline that ever operated this route doesn't exist any more because of IB...  Smile

mrniji

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:58 am

The funny thing is that I took LH sometime. It happened that I had short connections, and they told me at the gate that my baggage will probably not come on the same flight but the flight later, and if this is the case they will deliver it for free..

If the baggage can;t be transferred, it does not mean that you do not have the right to take the plane. So, your assumption that

that Iberia has overbooked their flights and fond a good way not having to pay compensations

seems to be logical

Edit:

Anyway... please, note that PAY compensations are made when an airline REFUSE you to boarding.This was no your case.

That is actually what happened...

[Edited 2004-09-26 18:00:17]
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:00 am

.......because IB "la jodió",jajaja... That's not true, and you know it

luisde8cd

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:27 am

Hey Anxebla, lets not turn this thread into a IB vs Sta. Barbara thread.
You will always defend your flag carrier as I will defend Sta Barbara. I personally dont have any experience with neither airline but I have head others' experiences and so far Sta. Barbara offers better service. I havent heard nice things about IB. The reason might be that we Venezuelans feel more "at-home" when flying with a Venezuelan crew.

About Viasa... well lets not turn this thread into a VA autopsy, So i'll just give my quick opinion on this. Both IB and the Venezuelan Govt. are guilty of VA's death.

[Edited 2004-09-26 18:28:19]

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:32 am

Mrniji... LH is not,the fact, a very good airline.I prefer AF or IB.
To moderators/crew members:PLEASE, don't remove my last reply just cos I wrote 2 words in Spanish.Thanks...

mrniji

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:37 am

Anxelba,

LH is not,the fact, a very good airline

Fact or not, everyone should decide. But you will be surprised: I agree with what you say. Although I have to admit that their crisis management is very good. But they are improving..

I took a LH flight on 18 Sep and was treated very badly and threatened by the GlobeGround Staff in LHR.. but will post separately and can guarantee that this will have consequences.. I am interested how LH will react to my complaint... (I know check-in is outsourced but still they have to make sure that their customer relations are not spoilt because of idiots working in other companies in the name of LH)
"The earth provides enough resources for everyone's need, but not for some people's greed." (Gandhi)

Emirates Skies

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:45 am

I hate to say this, but just as much as I used to love flying IBERIA, I guess things have changed a lot since the last time I flew them, and I won't fly IBERIA again unless I have no other options. I travel between Germany/London/Italy and Spain a couple of times a year. My last flight with IBERIA was simply my worst flight ever, so much so that I flew with Lufthansa on the way back. It'll be BA or Lufthansa/DE from now on. I may opt for IBERIA when flying between Italy & Spain (I opt not to fly AZ/UX). The reason is quite simple: some IBERIA cabin staff have got quite some attitude, just like some AZ ground staff. I still wish IB luck.

Emirates Skies   Wink/being sarcastic

[Edited 2004-09-26 18:54:54]
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:47 am

"I haven't heard nice things about IB" ...It's curious, because people seem many complains about IB's service, but many people fly again with Iberia,and at the moment it's one of the most profitable airlines in Europe... by the way, go to "trips reports" forum, and read the threads about Iberia.
VA disappeared because Venezuelan Govt. refused to give its share of money previously agreed with the Spanish Govt./Iberia... that's all.

anxebla

Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:56 am

Mrniji... to complain is necessary (and also useful) when you receive a bad service.Good made!
Emirates... why do you hate to say that? I can't understand you... by the way... do you like Spanair? (I ask you due your signature "cuando quieras, volamos")

Iberia340600

Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:29 am

Chiguire:

Give yourself a round of applause...you figured out how IB decides not to compensate passengers!  Nuts C'mon...can we stop with these ridiculous threads?

F.Y.I. - IB pays all passengers denied boarding compensation. I know...I've seen it done...I work for the airline.

The logical explanation in your case is that when IB Central in MAD saw that the CCS-MAD flight was coming in late...they changed all the connections of those passengers continuing on to other cities(yes believe it or not IB works 24 hours a day). Now...I dont know for certain that your flight was ONLY 15 minutes late getting into MAD but I would assume that the scheduled arrival per the computer because of the delay was inferior to 60 minutes(the legal conection) and therefore the change to the later flight.

Now, that the flight gained time before arrival in MAD and the flight from MAD to FRA was delayed as well is another story. The only part I do not agree and that IB should have handled better is that someone should have met those passengers affected when you got of the CCS-MAD flight and given everyone the new information and flights, etc.

Other than that, IB proceeded to do everything that they should have done. A passenger cannot travel on a flight when their bags are not on there. Does it happen? Yes....should it? No.

Thanks for listening.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Visca Barça!!

miguel0881

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:00 pm

I must say that the cabin crew on IB is the rudest cabin I've ever encountered. On a flight last year from MAD to ORD, I had my window shade open half-way as I was enjoying looking out the window. A flight attendant approached (and had to be the oldest FA I've ever seen) and informed (not asked) me to close the shade. When I protested (in Spanish) she became even ruder and told me that I was extremely rude. When I looked away, she rose her voice and told me to "look at her when she was talking to me." I couldn't resist the opporunity to put her in her place, and she was so shocked she just walked away. I'll never fly IB again!

TACAA320

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:19 pm

"...I must say that the cabin crew on IB is the rudest cabin I've ever encountered..."

Have you ever flew AA in your life. Because they really are "rude".
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

miguel0881

Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:25 pm

I have flown AA several times to South America (LPB and LIM) and usually enjoy those flights, but I do tend to agree that AA is worse domestically (I prefer Skyteam).

ushermittwoch

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:58 pm

The exact same thing happened to me in 2001 when flying DUS-MAD-MIA-RSW.
You are lucky that you are a Spanish speaker my friend. If you are not, well too bad! Iberia doesn't care if you can't speak Spanish. I guess it's a mentality thing.
Anyway, although we had to wait in MAD for the next flight, luckily they had two, we got a meal voucher. Pretty good for a 4,5h wait...not.

Did I mention that we had already been in MAD for almost an hour (the bus from our plane to the terminal took about 40!!! minutes) and that our 747 was scheduled to leave another 45!!! minutes after we arrived at the gate! I guess that is way too little time to get four or five suitcases transported.

Anyway, I tried Iberia again after that, but their service was so appalling that I am cured from flying with them for good!
Where have all the tri-jets gone...

BestWestern

Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:56 pm

IB Business (Intra Europe) - excellent

IB Economy (Intra Europe) - terrible

You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

TACAA320

Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:36 pm

"I have flown AA several times to South America (LPB and LIM) and usually enjoy those flights, but I do tend to agree that AA is worse domestically (I prefer Skyteam)."

Miguel

I know each person is entitle to their very "own" opinion. I'm also aware that this thread is not about IB vs. AA, but my experiences with AA staff were terrible.

And exactly the opposite with IB.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

peteinmiami

Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:38 pm

I have a kind of similar experience with IB, last Christmas, but I have to say I was very happy with the way they handeled the whole thing. I was flying Ib from MIA-MAD-LIS. The flight from MIA took of an hour late and we lost another hour during flight, to made the story short I got to Madrid with only 30 minutes to made my connection, neddless to say my flight arrived at one side of the airport and the connecting flight was leaving from the other end. I was able to go thru inmigration and get into my connecting flight gate in 15 minutes, ran like a crazy man!!! but it was too late, the flight was already closed. Iberia personnel directed me to a transit desk where they put me in the next flight to Lisbon, where I arrived an hour late of what I initially had scheduled and to my surprise with my luggage too!!! Try to do that in the US!!!

AA767400

Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:53 pm

It is always funny how in Venezuela, they always bring up how Iberia took down their flag carrier Viasa. It is like a daily topic. When I fly to CCS, I have heard stories from passengers about the whole VA,IB ordeal, many times. A bit bitter I would say. Not that IB, is anything to write home about. I would say IB, and EI, are the worst airlines in oneworld.
"The low fares airline."

TACAA320

Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:29 am

"It is always funny how in Venezuela, they always bring up how Iberia took down their flag carrier Viasa. It is like a daily topic. When I fly to CCS, I have heard stories from passengers about the whole VA,IB ordeal, many times. A bit bitter I would say. Not that IB, is anything to write home about. I would say IB, and EI, are the worst airlines in oneworld."

I being in Venezuela (CCS) two times in the last four months, and never heard anything similar. I'm not saying that you are not telling the truth, but I must say that Venezuelans are NOT bitter [for that specific reason or whatsoever], nor Iberia is the worst airline in oneworld.

Chiguire
Topic Author

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:13 am

I didnt want to make this to a IB-VA or Venezuelan-Spanish topic. This was just a question because the IB handling was strange.
The IB-VA topic is boring. It is now 10 years ago that it happend. Meanwhile a lot of more unusual things happend in aviation.
So it seems that there were no more passengers here with the same experience. I guess it was an exception due to the high traffic in high season and not as written a way to avoid paying penalties for overbookings.
Just one thing to Iberia340600:
The logical explanation in your case is that when IB Central in MAD saw that the CCS-MAD flight was coming in late...they changed all the connections of those passengers continuing on to other cities
I belive you, that you guys in MAD work 24 hours, but I was not rebooked automaticaly. This was done when I came to the "service" desk, not before. The lady had problems in finding a seat. Finally the supervisor helped (maybe they dumped another one) !
I think all this would have been less a problem if I came relaxed from a nice flight with good service. But if you dont see a FA for about 6 hours ....
So I wish IB success but I hope the attitude changes and I see the first IB employee smile..  Smile

komododx

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:17 am

Just my $.02

IB and AZ are by far the worst airlines I've ever been on, after flying AA, BA, LH, AF, AV, VX, EI, LX, DL, CO, P5. I flew some years ago on IB BOG-MAD-BOG and the service was appalling! And, get this! There were fleas in coach! A lot of the passengers were complaining. Ugh, disgusting!

Regarding IB-VA... Hey, Spain is the true root of all of LatAm's problems!

KdX in TLH
I'm homeless and unemployed

bullpitt

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:53 am

I respect the opinion of everybody even if I don't share it. A special HI to Ushermittwoch have you being sick? haven't seen you IB bashing for a while, but hey glad to see your back to your usual self.  Big grin To Komododx well did you bring the flees with you? To someone like you all I can say is there are two kinds of human beings, "The spanish and those who envy us" you are obviously in the second group. Big grin

These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

AA767400

Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:41 am

Let's be real here, IB is right there with EI, in terms of service. IB, is one of the worst European airlines. Right there with OA,AZ,EI, and SU. I have flown on them many times, and have found them to have really low quality service. Again, this is my opinion and it is what I have seen,heard and experienced for myself.

TACA320, Please tell me who is the worst airline in oneworld?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
"The low fares airline."

dantiger

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:21 am

I guess I am one lucky guy! I have flown IB from JFK to MAD three times and It hasn't always been perfect, but as an American I feel there service is good and have had no major problems. Just wanted to ask an earlier post who said they are waiting to see a IB FA smile? Did you smile at them?
My friends the airline industry is in chaos due to many things. The cost of Oil/Fuel is paramount and most airlines are cutting employees by the hundreds. Try and keep in mind that you are just trying to get from point A to point B. This is not a date with with Jeffifer Lopez. I suggest you do not drink alcohol. A couple of glasses of wine from New York to Madrid is fine.
To close and get off my soap box I will say that in the late 80's when I took my first trip from LA to Paris, I was warned and lectured how rude the French are. I did two simple things. I learned a few basic words in French such as thank you, please and Bon Jour and added my handsome smile. Guess what? I made many friends, had a great time learned something important. I was on a vacation to have fun, yet remembered the people you are in contact are not and are working hard for a living. Bottom line. JUST BE NICE.

mia

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:55 am

I mean seriously, lets not fool ourselves, some people have great experiences while others dont. The issue is that I dont know ONE person that has had a good experience on Ibera. To what someone said that people keep flying with them- its just that they are the cheapest. I know that IB just like AZ treats their Venezuelan passengers like crap- to the extent that I know people that refuse to fly AZ or IB and will get to Madrid and fly S3 or just fly on AF or LH. Just recently my girlfriend came from Milan and due to her past crappy experience on IB on both legs of the trip she asked me not to book her on IB if I could avoid it. She flew BA and the trip was perfect.
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

luisde8cd

Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:08 am

Hey anexebla , now you see why I say that I havent heard many nice things about IB? So dont tell me Im wrong when people say that IB service is not the best in the CCS-MAD route.

Saludos,
Luis

komododx

Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:02 pm

I know people who would travel the other way accross the globe just to avoid IB to spain... for whatever reason there is to go to Spain, other than Ibiza... That's about the only good thing... Then again, the party scene in MIA is WAAAY better Big grin

KdX in TLH
I'm homeless and unemployed

TACAA320

Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:09 pm

Aa767400

Do you really think that OW can afford bad airlines as part of them?

AA767400

Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:15 pm

OW, has IB, for the routes. Not because of the service. It is all about routes! I am not here to put IB, down. I just have had bad experiances with them. They just don't hold their own, when it comes to service. That is my opinion. and mine only. The fact that many others say the same, is just proof that it is not a isolated issue. How many times have you flown IB? Me gustaria saber. Big grin
"The low fares airline."

SIunitsrule

Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:16 pm

I've flown on IB about four times. It was one one-way PTY-MIA, and the rest were roundtrips between the same two cities. I have also flown AA on the same routes, and all I have to say is IB has been great. I have also flown CO IAH-PTY, and Iberia is the best of the three. I do know lots of people that disagree with me, but they have always been great with me. The did not charge me a penny when I moved and I had about five boxes, asides from my luggage. Their agents have always been at least O.K., and their flight crew has always been very willing to go the extra mile. One of their FAs was actually very hot, but that's something else!  Big grin
Everything is relative, so be mindful of your references...

TACAA320

Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:19 pm

Aa767400

As I said before [reply 25], you, and everybody (including myself) is entitle to their own opinion. But is just ONE opinion. There are statistics about such topic.

[I'm referring to your answer 32].

If you are asking for my personal opinion, AA service is far behind IB.

AA767400

Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:26 pm

And that is your opinion. You think AA sucks, and I think IB sucks. So now we are one big happy family. Good night.  Big grin
"The low fares airline."

TACAA320

Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:56 pm

"And that is your opinion. You think AA sucks, and I think IB sucks. So now we are one big happy family. Good night."

Aa767400

"... AA sucks...". I'll never ever used those words. You did.

Good night to you!  Smile

Iberia340600

Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:31 pm

"I guess I am one lucky guy! I have flown IB from JFK to MAD three times and It hasn't always been perfect, but as an American I feel there service is good and have had no major problems. Just wanted to ask an earlier post who said they are waiting to see a IB FA smile? Did you smile at them?

Dantiger:

Spoken like a true gentleman. You are officially on my respected users list. I totally agree...I think the problem with some people is that they portray a bad attitude and expect to be treated royally in return...unfortunately it does not work that way.
At the same time I do not understand how some people complain that their flight was horrible because they did not see a flight attendant in six hours. Im sorry, but in my opinion...once the meal is finished...and everything cleared...and the lights are dimmed and the movie playing...I really could care less if I see a flight attendant. I want to sleep and/or watch the movie. If I want something to drink...I go to the galley and ask for it. When did that become so difficult. But thank you Dantiger for your great point of view. I appreciate it coming from an American flying on a foreign carrier. Let me know the next time you fly with us...maybe I can help you out  Wink/being sarcastic
Visca Barça!!

IBERIA747

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:07 pm

Iberia340600, I totally agree with you. Dantiger, you´re also on my respected users list from now.

Komododx: Just get a life and stop spreading your fleas everywhere. You don´t like our country?? well...that´s great!! one less headache for Spanish immigration officers and of course, one less problem for IB.

[Edited 2004-09-28 11:11:11]
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

anxebla

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:28 pm

Well... this forum seem like an Anti-IB conspiracy.At the moment I'm fed up and tired of always reading nonsense about Iberia.
Aa767400... OW need more IB that IB to OW.
Luis:Sorry, but again, you're wrong (according to me, of course).In the CCS-MAD leg, IB is, by far... by far... by far...the best option to travel, by service, quality of plane, and FF program.I have an e-mail from a Venezuelan viewer who say me things like that "jajaja me da mucha risa de que esta persona se queje de una línea aérea como Iberia (...) te pido mil disculpas por lo que dice mi compatriota (...) IB llega en A340 a CCS mientras que S.B. llega con unos equipos que da miedo montarse en ellos, unos DC-10 totalmente destartalados que han pasado por una cantidad enorme de dueños" This e-mail is a little more large, but I think for the moment it's enough.

MIA, Komododx, Aa767400, Luis, Chiguire ..... I want to do 3 questions:
1.- If Iberia is so bad... Why do they always have an impressive ratio of ocupation in ALL routes?
2.- If IB is so bad... Why do IB make profit?
3.- If IB is so bad... Why it's so dificult too see an IB's plane empty?
You, ALL 5, don't have any kind of answer.IF an airline is real badly, people don't fly with them.

Chiguire
Topic Author

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:49 pm

Hi Anxebla ,
here the answers to your questions:
1. Occupation is heigh because of these reasons:
- it is the only choice on connection if you have connections "behind" Spain
- it is mostly the cheapest
- the is a market, especially in Spain, that likes flying IB because it´s their airline and they don´t like UX and S3
- IB has a good mileage program within OneWorld
- IB has the best network in Southamerica and good SPA agreements within the countries
2. IB makes profit because of:
- points mentioned above and
- giving the people what they paid for (cheap tickets, basic service)
Point two is completeley OK. You have a good Business at normal fares, people get what they pay for. Nobody can expect the best service at the lowest fares !
3. Planes are full just because so far in terms of marketing everything has been done correct.
So far my answers. So in this terms you can be proud of IB. You can show that pride, but be nice to the people - no matter where they come from !
And here we come to Dantiger and Iberia340600 :
Both are right ! We should all try to be nice and smile  Smile  Smile.
You don´t know me and in this case I was nice. I am also in this business and always try to be nice against my colleagues. Passengers not out of our business are different - I know. So in this case this was not the problem/reason. But you should both not forget that we are paid to serve (AND to smile). That´s what we are paid for and we knew that when we started. And someone who is just nice to a client if he is nice to him is wrong in this business !
Anxebla Old Equipment of S3. Right, it´s a shame. I don´t fly with them. Maybe a point I forgot above, IB aircraft are new.

Chiguire
Topic Author

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:00 pm

Finally I need to say something on the point of service on board during the flight.
This is something that NOT only happens on IB. After serving the meal the FAs disappear in the Galley. You have to go there and get your drinks. Personally I think it´s the wrong way. Why ? Humidity in airplanes is very low. So on a 9-hour flight doctors recommend to drink about 1.5 liters. So if I follow the suggestions I would have to walk to the Galley 15 times to get that small plastic cup with 0.1 liters. I will of course not go 15 times to the galley. But I go there about 5 times. At the end of the flight I have 5 plastic cups not knowing where to put them ! So there is a constant movement in the cabin with people holding on at your seat while walking through the cabin. Especially on full flights.
So I experienced the best LH-flight of my life on CCS-FRA. The FA constantly walked through the ailes with Coke, mineral water, orange juice and apple juice. They came with icecream and nuts. They removed the used cups and tins. I felt well ! Isn´t it boring for the FA to sit in the Galley ? Why don´t give some service ?

anxebla

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:03 pm

Chiguire... the point here is that IB has a very good value (or like we say it in our language:buena relación precio/calidad -good relation over price/quality-)
Like yourself say:IB has the best network in South America, it's mostly the cheapest (but, unfortunally, no always) and good FF with OW.... then... IB is not so bad  Smile Agree?

Chiguire
Topic Author

Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:21 pm

Anxebla
If you review my posts here, I never said that generally. There are a few points I don´t like. IB is successful and that´s important. That makes your jobs safe and the shareholders happy.
The above mentioned flight was not the only one and I made it because it was cheap. Maybe I get an icecream or a smile at LH if I pay 300 euro more ?
But I don´t need the icecream. I just want to see the people to be nice to their customers. And IB is not the only airline having problems with that - just have a look at all the other threats. And that´s why IB doesn´t reach the image it maybe deserves !
So you are now guilty if my friends from Latinamerica kill me now that I didn´t say anything really bad about IB....  Big grin