jetpixx

Long Layovers On Purpose For Spotting

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:18 am

I am curious how many people have arranged their reservations online with lengthy layovers for spotting purposes. I know I have stayed over in SLC for at least three hours; ATL, IAD, etc. for the same reasons. Which airports are good for this kind of activity and what airports should you make a simple connection and move on?

Go3Team

RE: Long Layovers On Purpose For Spotting

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:21 am

I scheduled my next trip to LGW via MSP, to make use of the Observation Area they have there. I have not decided how long I want to layover, it will be mighty cold in MSP when I travel in January.
Yay Pudding!

deltairlines

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:50 am

I have scheduled a few long layovers in ATL. Of course, most of it is to eat during meal times (I'm a pretty picky eater, and most fast food doesn't cut it for me -- too unhealthy), but I have had layovers where I combine my meal (normally at Chili's Too...spotting while eating...kill two birds with one stone), and then I walk around the terminal...E is always a stop, I will normally hit C as well (just to get more AirTran planes in my book...don't know why).

Jeff

BH346

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:54 am

I generally try to schedule long layovers (usually 3-4 hours) so I can take it easy during my layover, look around, and not have to worry about missing a connection. I've done longer layovers in ATL to explore the airport and eat, CVG since it's just a nice airport, KIX for the spotting, and ORD to look around and spot.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos