jetpixx

Long Layovers On Purpose For Spotting

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:18 am

I am curious how many people have arranged their reservations online with lengthy layovers for spotting purposes. I know I have stayed over in SLC for at least three hours; ATL, IAD, etc. for the same reasons. Which airports are good for this kind of activity and what airports should you make a simple connection and move on?

Go3Team

RE: Long Layovers On Purpose For Spotting

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:21 am

I scheduled my next trip to LGW via MSP, to make use of the Observation Area they have there. I have not decided how long I want to layover, it will be mighty cold in MSP when I travel in January.
Yay Pudding!

deltairlines

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:50 am

I have scheduled a few long layovers in ATL. Of course, most of it is to eat during meal times (I'm a pretty picky eater, and most fast food doesn't cut it for me -- too unhealthy), but I have had layovers where I combine my meal (normally at Chili's Too...spotting while eating...kill two birds with one stone), and then I walk around the terminal...E is always a stop, I will normally hit C as well (just to get more AirTran planes in my book...don't know why).

Jeff

BH346

Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:54 am

I generally try to schedule long layovers (usually 3-4 hours) so I can take it easy during my layover, look around, and not have to worry about missing a connection. I've done longer layovers in ATL to explore the airport and eat, CVG since it's just a nice airport, KIX for the spotting, and ORD to look around and spot.
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly