Topic Author

UK Airport Views

Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:12 am

Can anyone help me, are there viewing areas in any of the following airports in the UK:-

If not, can anyone suggest places which are good to take pics from? (I will be in Bristol the end of the month).

RE: UK Airport Views

Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:26 am

Heathrow - No official viewing areas, the gallery on terminal 2 was closed a long time ago. But good places to take pictures are Myrtle Avenue/Hatton Cross and the road crossing near the BA engineering base on the east side.

The Gatwick viewing area is also closed which is a shame, i'm not familiar with LGW so i cannot recomment any places.

Don't know about Bristol.
In Arsene we trust!!

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:46 pm

If you have a car, BRS offers excellent opportunities. But if you don't, it doesn't - even when airside. If you do have a car, email me and I'll tell you about the superb spots and how to reach them.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:10 pm

apperently there might very well be a new viewing area terminal 5 not offical tho..

bAe146TOM Big thumbs up

Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:47 pm

Heathrow provides some good spotting opportunities for the 27s from the perimeter road, on the north east side you can get views of 27R line ups/approaches/touch downs, then heading down the east side through the maintenance area you will reach Hatton Cross. A little further down is Myrtle Avenue, a great location for 27L approaches. It would be great if there was a new T5 viewing area but considering the current spectator's terrace is closed for security reasons I doubt a new viewing area will be top priority for BAA!

Having said that, I read that BAA are committed to providing a viewing area at STN and currently analysing possibilities. But I'll believe it when I see it...
Once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned forever skyward