alcregular

Viewing At NCL

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:45 pm

I've just had a little run upto NCL today, and I went into the terminal, but forgot they closed off the viewing platform landside. I had to drive round to near the maintanence hanger (without being caught) to get a good shot of TCX A330 taking off for SFB. Does anyone know of any good spots around the airport to take photos or to generally watch those beautiful beasts that grace the skies.
Why drive when you can fly?

alcregular

RE: Viewing At NCL

Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:51 pm

Can anyone help me with this?
Why drive when you can fly?

patroni

Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:45 am

NCL is on my personal black list. When I was there in March. I walked on a street to the right of the terminal and found a parking lot from where I took a few photos of the Eastern Saab 2000 which arrived from ABZ. I wanted to get a good view of the aircraft as I flew on it to SOU 40min later. However, after I took the photo, an old security guy came to me, asked what I was doing and who I was. I told him my name (certainly very helpful for him...) and said "Well, I just took a photo of the aircraft I'll fly on in a few minutes".. which was followed by a lecture from him that "it is not allowed to take photos at airports, and everyone knows this" (well, yes, hence the viewing areas at BHX, MAN etc...). In the end, after 5 minutes of interrogation he let me go. I just managed to catch my flight.

Never again to Newcastle!

sevenair

Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:32 am

yeah, I am from NCL and I admit, spotting is crap. You kinda have to stay in ur car, (if ur in it)! If you continue north of the terminal, follow signs for Dinnington. Just about 100 yards down the road, once you are off the round about, to the right is a gate. You can drive through there and park. However , there are NO views of the ruunway, just a view of the terminal. And you can see the planes take off from there. (but SOMEONE! was already in my spot today:-() I went for aspin before work.

On a sunday, you will find quite few people in cars on the east end of the Runway. But you are not allowed to park here. Double yellows and signs. The terminal is crap to spot. An if you go to the genav section its also closed to Unauthorised traffic, I believe the road to the Flying club is also a restricted access road.

If you are stopped, tell the person where to go. There are no signs saying that you cant take a photo, and its not a crime to take photos. I admit NCL is crap, especialy now tht there are barely any planes here, as we are on winter timetable. But its all we have here, so never mind. Howay the lads  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos