Samurai 777
Topic Author

Questions About Hawkair

Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:49 am

Hawkair's an interesting little airline. It's hubbed out of YVR's South Terminal and flies mainly to destinations in Northern BC and one in Northern Alberta. It has also recently started service to Fort St. John and Fort Nelson.

Hawkair's site: http://www.hawkair.net/index.html

Now, I have a few questions regarding Hawkair even though I've definitely heard of it already.

I've noticed that the Dash 8-100 is now the only plane in the Fleet section of the site. Is the fleet all Dash 8-100 now? How many Dash 8-100s does it have now? Are there plans to acquire more of these planes or even Dash 8-300s?

Any possibilty of it opening to further new destinations, especially in Alberta besides Grande Prairie? And what about transborder into Washington State or Oregon?

Allee

RE: Questions About Hawkair

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:25 am

I think they have three Dash 8-100s.

They wanted to start Prince George-Calgary when WestJet pulled off the route, but didn't have enough aircraft to do.

Samurai 777
Topic Author

RE: Questions About Hawkair

Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:49 am

Heard about WS's attempt to serve Prince George-Calgary. Hawkair's starting service to Calgary, but not from Prince George, though. It's going to fly into Fort St. John from Calgary. Sounds unusual, until you realize that Fort St. John's a centre for natural gas exploration in Northern BC - some of the largest NG fields in North America are located in northeastern BC.