aa777jr

When Will The Market Turn Around?

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:08 am

I keep hearing alot of information about how the economy of the airline industry is set to come out of a "bear" market. It's been compared to the stock market, 7 good years, 7 bad years. When will we see jet fuel prices go down, when will we see carriers push to make profits in consecutive quarters? It would be nice to check a major 6 website and find out they are hiring flight attendants and pilots again. I understand 9.11.01 hurt the industry alot, but this is getting ridiculous reading about the continued economic bad luck of all carriers. Any comments would help.

AA777jr
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

planemaker

RE: When Will The Market Turn Around?

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:26 am

...but this is getting ridiculous reading about the continued economic bad luck of all carriers.

It really doesn't have anything to do with "bad luck," and obviously not "all carriers" have "continued economic bad luck."  Smile

I believe that the question should be "when will the market finish restructuring" not "when will the market turn around?"
Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. - A. Einstein