rocketman742

Dubai Airport Security

Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:56 am

Does any one besides me have a problem with DXB security. I recently had to remove my shoes,belt,cap 3 times while getting to the gate from check in. The security refuse to scan you with any hand held device and stripping off 3 times is absolutely ridiculous. When was the last time a Captain hijacked his own aircraft and doing this in front of all your passengers is absolutely demeaning. Abu dhabi/alain/sharjah just wave you through when they see a pilot but DXB security seems to get a real kick in watching you strip.

qr332

RE: Dubai Airport Security

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:05 am

I visit DXB frequently yet I never have any problems with security, they are usually quick, freindly and efficient. Maybe it was just your luck.
"The greatest threat to knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

geoffm

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:10 pm

The scanners are pretty sensitive there. I had to remove my belt as well, which normally goes through other airports fine.

In any case, pilot or not, everybody should be subject to the same screening procedures. Pilots aren't immune to the odd bit of terrorist activity - maybe less likely, but still a possibility which must be considered.

Geoff M.

SAA

Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:48 am

There seems to be two sides to this story. I travel trough this airport at least 4 times a year

At the entrance to the check in area the security is pretty lax as any1 with a trolley and a bag can get through.

damn right their scanners are sensitive, I nearly got stripped 4 a foil covered Nestle Milky Bar two years ago and my poor uncle was stripped down to his thermal underwear (he was coming from a winter climate). it was so funny tho seeing him in his whites.