boeingflying31

No Food In CO First?

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:29 am

I know I shouldn't be complaning since I got a complimentary upgrade but my recent trip of Continental First was horrible. They just didn't serve anything, even on a 4 hour flight. I don't think I would ever buy the First product. Has anyone had anyone had any recent experiences?
-BF31

zrs70

RE: No Food In CO First?

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:30 am

What time of day was the flight? From where to where?
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

dtwclipper

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:34 am

Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

CALMSP

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:37 am

no kidding...are you sure it was a CO flight? We still serve food in the back at no cost..I can't imagine you not getting anything up front...however if you were flying LAS-CLE red-eye you will just get a snack of some sort.....thats all I got adn that was before 9/11

Womack17

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:39 am

You really have to time your flights accordingly to receive meal service anymore. Sadly, this is becoming true even in first class. If you want to be sure that you are going to receive a hot meal you must fly during regular meal times. I fly first class almost exclusively (with the exception of Southwest) and I have always enjoyed a nice meal to compliment the spacious seating. To make sure that I will be dining at 35,000 feet, I simply look at the details of the available flights and choose accordingly. I fly RDU-PHX about two times a month and neither non-stop airline (America West/Southwest) serves a hot meal. It can really be a bummer when considering the cost of the ticket.
Oh how I miss Midway Airlines. A class act right to then end.

CALMSP

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:53 am

connecting through IAH should serve you a nice meal!!

drerx7

Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:58 am

With no elaboration by BF31--I suggest we consider this a troll thread--until further elaboration comes.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

COEWR2587

Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:40 am

I find it hard to believe, but I don't know any info on the flight.
Newark Airport...My Home Away From Home

dtwclipper

Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:54 am

One of my original posts on A-net was about how NW forgot to cater an aircraft in DTW for a DEN turn.

I was in F/C and did not get served, when it was scheduled as a dinner flight.

however, I was informed by the NW crew, and they did apologize, and gave me a boat load
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

Carfield

Well...

Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:08 am

CO First is usually pretty good when it comes to food. The only routes that sees major meal reductions even in frist are the Floridian routes. But on any flights over three hours on CO network, there will be a meal for sure. Even on the redeye LAX-IAH departing at 1am, there is a snack plate in first class with warmed rolls. So we need more information...

Carfield

boeingflying31

Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:52 am

I was flying from IAH-ORD in the morning and it said breakfast on the itenerary. All I got for breakfast was a bowl of cereal and a small fruit. From EWR-SAT, we took off around 7:30 at night and all I got was 3 samples of cheese, a few grapes, and crackers. I asked for some more snack mixes but they apparently ran out...so that kinda sucked for a 4 hour flight.
-BF31

AAplatnumflier

Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:56 am

I know I shouldn't be complaning since I got a complimentary upgrade but my recent trip of Continental First was horrible. They just didn't serve anything, even on a 4 hour flight. I don't think I would ever buy the First product. Has anyone had anyone had any recent experiences?
-BF31

So you did have food. Be happy with what you got on that flight. At ORD yesterday on an ORD-LAX flight they brought out the wrong Bistro cart. They brought out the breakfast one. So i got a yogurt, raisins, and a breakfast bad. Dont get me wrong there was nothing wrong with it it was just the fact that I was leaving ORD at 6:30 and getting in at 9:00. Not only that but they messed up our upgrade. We were supposed to be in First but then something happened and they moved us back. But they did give us a free upgrade so it wasnt that bad.

zrs70

Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:58 am

Boeingflying31:

All you got for b-fast was a bowl of cereal? How aweful! Oh, and small fruit? That's a disgrace!

Smile

In truth, even the tiniest of b-fast meals airlines serve is more that I usually eat in the morning. And usually, a bowl of cereal is perfect.
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

corey07850

Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:23 am

The cereal and banana is the standard breakfast for coach, so either they ran out of first meals and you got that, or there was a problem with the catering.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos