DStuntz
Topic Author

Seeking Old OAG Flight Guides

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:08 pm

Some time ago, I posted a thread regarding airline flight schedules from long ago. Many of my replies suggested looking on EBay. I have been watching EBay ever since. I am still seeking an OAG Pocket Flight Guide dating from the late 1960s or early 1970s, wondering how soon one will appear on EBay.

To increase my chances of finding one soon, I would like to know other possible ways to find such a flight guide (Such as other websites or memoribilia show events, etc.). Another member once gave me a list of near-future memoribilia show events (many, if not all, have now come and gone) in various cities around the USA, but none were anywhere near where I live. Minneapolis is the nearest major city to where I live.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on where to look for old flight guides. Thanks.

NikonDFW

RE: Airlines Of Yesterday

Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:22 pm

OAG's from the 60'and 70's are getting a little hard to find as you may already know. If you do find one, be prepared to spend a good chunk of change for one. I saw a couple from the early 70's sell for close to $50.00 a piece out at the AI 2004 show at LAX in july, and those were a little worn at that. I've seen some from the mid 60's go for way over $100.00 a piece. I too have seen them on Ebay, but they seem to appear less often it seems, and they do get bid on by quite a few people, so keep a sharp eye out.

b741

RE: Seeking Old OAG Flight Guides

Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:31 pm

The N.A Pocket Guide was introduced in 1970. All I have seen on the internet auction the last several months are desktop guides from the 60's and 70's plus pocket guides from the 80's-onwards. All go for top-dollar with many bidders.
Being Bilingual, I Speak English And Aviation

JAXpax

RE: Seeking Old OAG Flight Guides

Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:54 pm

OAGs from those years often appear on eBay... primarily the full size desk versions. They typically sell for over $200 each.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos