thegregster

First Choice 5 Star Restaurant

Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:32 pm

Recently flew to Greece on a morning flight from Manchester on a First Choice B757 200 and the breakfast served on the plane was one of the best I have ever tasted and I don’t just mean the best breakfast on a plane I mean anywhere, the food on the way back was just as good also.

Is all plane food this good now and has the stereotypical bad plane food gone for good.

[Edited 2004-10-12 11:38:24]

FlyingColours

RE: First Choice 5 Star Restaurant

Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:36 am

There has been a drastic improvment with Charter Airline foods these past few years, My Travel have a good meal as did Flying Colours (I presume TCX still have the same good service).

Air Malta (Charter) food was good this year, I really enjoyed it.

Makes a change to hear someone posting something good about airline food!

Enjoy Life

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

BCAL

Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:54 am

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast on First Choice but somehow I do not think it could be rated 3 star, let alone 5 star. It is true that catering on some charter flights has improved particularly if you go back a few years when you were lucky to get anything. However, once on a charter flight I thought the meal served was disgusting, yet the passenger next to me thought it was one of his best meals ever!

Another reason for the improvement is that you often pay extra for a meal on a charter flight. If it was the typical pig swill, I think very few people would be willing to pay the extra.

MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

vs773er

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:42 am

I agree with BCAL.

With the rapid increase in low cost carrier ticket sales, and good cure would be increasing the quality inflight meal. Only seems right to 'iron' out this crease with a few charters making the effort, after all thats about the only difference.

In this case competition has resulted in the better bellies for holiday makers!!!! (and the same old todge for long haul passengers!)

Roll on Ryanair Atlantic!

Dan
Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations...

TW741

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:46 am

Roll on Ryanair Atlantic
in this case I recommend you "Air Madrid" from MAD to South America - the first long haul flight where you have to buy your food and drinks - just 20 Euros for the meal .... enjoy!
TWA - we showed you how good we have been!