airbusfanyyz

JFK Spotting?

Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:09 am

Hi to all the JFK spotters...
I will be in town for a meeting and will probably have a half day free to possibly get some spotting in. Any locations that are easy to get to and hassle free?
I am thinking along the lines of; In & Out Burger in LAX or the Wendy's in YYZ.

Any help is appreciated.
Cheers,
Kaz

D950

RE: JFK Spotting?

Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:06 am

In the afternoon, Rockaway Blvd. is by far the best spot. Most all of the European flights, as well as B6 activity comes through. The DL terminal, if rooftop parking is available is utopia.
Resting on your laurels is a synonym for flirting with disaster

C-GRYK

Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:27 am

Hey Kaz,
As the previous user suggested, Rockaway Blvd runs perpendicular to the 22's, meaning you can adjust your location along the street to best suit ur photo needs from side ons to approach path shots. This street is only good if they are using the 22's. If they are using the 31's, try the Costco lot further down Rockaway Blvd, the aircraft are high up here but it's all I know of for 31R arrivals. 13L on the other hand has a frickin wicked spot right by JFK's taxi stand. You have to get into the central cargo area and do your best to find this taxi stand, it can't be hard to miss just look for the sea of yellow cabs. One thing however, be careful there, this spot is on JFK property wheras Rockaway is not AFAIK. Exercise good judgement, I know you will though... Have a great time man! JFK is one hell of an airport to shoot aircraft at.

Jeremy
Think before you type!

airbusfanyyz

Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:08 pm

Rockaway Blvd it is... Any idea if there is someplace good to park?

Cheers,
Kaz