Considering the current market conditions of US AIR, I would do the following :
1. Shut down US's CLT
hubs as you cant have 4 hubs on the east coast with PHL
. I would keep DCA
as they have brighter futures...and more J/F class pax I would assume.
2. I would look into a West Coast hub city and would probably settle for LA
3. I would make USs A 321s replace all the local B 762 operated North American-Domestic flights.
4. I would deploy B 762ERs and A 333s solely on International routes to Europe by increasing services on profitable routes such as LGW
5. I would also look into flying to Asia namely India having the following route PHL
-BOM as A 333 cant fly CPH
-INDIA nonstop but A 332 can !!!
6. New destinations I would look into would be B 762ERs from PHL
to Cairo 4 weekly...though 95% of the pax wont be O&D...I believe in the potential of the Egypt-US market which is greatly underserved. From PHL
, US AIR can fly pax to virtually any major US city nonstop.
7. Another new destination would be PHL
-LOS 4 weekly with a B 762ER alongwith PHL
with a B 762ER.
8. Some B 757s would be used for PHL
-UK flights to smaller cities such as BHX
9. I would be adventurous by replacing the 10 A 330-200 order with 6 A 340-500s and 4 A 330-200s so that I can start nonstop PHL
) flights) in the future.
10. I would ASAP try and sell all unwanted aircraft such as the oldest of the B 733s and 734s as well as make them retire ASAP so that my narrow body fleet jet fleet is centred around the A 320 family thus saving on many maintainenance related costs. I would however keep the B 752s and B 762s as theyre extremely useful aircraft for any given situation !!!
11. I would also reconfigure a few A 320s and B 757s into all economy class seating and fly them on routes which purely and mainly have leisure travel and face stiff competition such as PHL-FLL-TPA-LAS-San Diego-MCO etc in order to reduce costs on these routes and compete more effectively with Low cost airlines such as Southwest-ATA-Air Tran.
[Edited 2004-10-15 10:48:41]