RJ100
Topic Author

Helvetic Airways News

Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:08 pm

Hello

Helvetic Airways will raise their ticket prices due to the high oil prices. A oneway ticket will now cost 105 Euros instead of 99 Euros +33 Euros taxes. So a return ticket will cost 276 Euros (quite expensive for a "low cost airline"  Laugh out loud )

They will also retire their MD-83 and will abandon the Odette brand. The daily flights to Pristina will now operate with Fokker100.

They also decided to drop the routes from Zurich to Amsterdam and Marseille-Provence.

New routes are Zurich to Ohrid (1x weekly), Skopje (1x daily) and London-Gatwick (1x daily).

The Helvetic fleet now consists of 7 Fokker 100.

Regards,
RJ100

none

Ndebele

RE: Helvetic Airways News

Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:44 pm

So they keep on advertising their fares in Euro, even in Switzerland? I don't know how the swiss think about this, but if I saw a British LCC advertising in Germany with a fare in British pounds, just to make it look cheaper, I would certainly find it poor. Now keep in mind that Helvetic is a swiss airline, advertising in swiss newspapers with their Euro fares.

sr176

Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:49 pm

What is problably a bit unfair is their 33 EUR "Tax". Tax is depending on the departure airport and it is a lot cheaper on most airports than 33 EUR.
Helvetic charged the correct tax at the beginning, but increased it to 33 for all airports later on.

sevenair

Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:04 pm

yeah-i know where ur coming from, i hate it when British TV shows, targeted at British people, made by a British company give you distancees and speeds in KM and not Miles, and altitide in meters insead of feet. i e "The 747 flies at 1100km/ at an average of 12,000 meters"-means nothing to most of us brits

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos