United JFK-SFO-JFK, JFK-LAX-JFK

Mon Mar 06, 2000 10:54 am

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about United transcon flights between JFK and LAX and or SFO. Anyone who has ever flown the route if you could tell me a little about the service or how the 767 is on the route....anything....i am thinking about possibly flying one of these routes in the near future. Thanks in advance for any help.

twa747100

RE: United JFK-SFO-JFK, JFK-LAX-JFK

Mon Mar 06, 2000 11:07 am

Either way your going threw twa's old terminal  

mel

Mon Mar 06, 2000 12:59 pm

I flew JFK-SFO twice and SFO-JFK once in August. The service you will receive depends on the time of departure and the class of service. The 1st flight I took was JFK-SFO in a 763, in Business Class. It was the most enjoyable flight I have ever taken. Business Class passengers have fold down personal TVs, we departed at 9am so we had breakfast after departure and lunch before arrival with warm chocolate chip cookies on descent. Lots of F/As in that cabin as well. The 2nd flight was JFK-SFO again, but this time in a 767-200 in Business Class. This was an enjoyable flight as well, but not nearly as much as in the 763. The seats are older, and passengers don't have personal TVs. If you have the choice, definitely take a 767-300 flight. The 3rd and last flight was SFO-JFK on the red-eye, in Coach on a 767-300. Not bad, although these red-eye flights are usually packed. Passengers in coach have a "disposable" boxed meal just after takeoff from SFO, and most sleep through the flight. This was another 3-class 763, so it had personal TVs in coach as well. Also had the moving map feature, something not found on the 762. So definitely take the 763 flights. I highly recommend the Flagship service on JFK-SFO flights.
NO URLS in signature

Bicoastal

Mon Mar 06, 2000 2:09 pm

United has upgraded service between JFK and SFO and between JFK and LAX. Don't know why....maybe the amount of very wealthy and demanding mega stars and mega business people traveling these routes. Transcon service from IAD definitely is not on the same level.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

Correction For TWA747100

Mon Mar 06, 2000 6:23 pm

Doesn't UAL go into PAN AM's old terminal at JFK or is that Delta? no big deal.
UAL747-400: the service on ual, on that airplane and route imparticular is fantastic and can't be beat! great service, awesome food, great seats. And thats in any class of service. Fly UAL and next time you'll be me, (the guy telling the next guy to fly UAL) - I promise. You will truly feel the United touch. Morning flights are my preference as morning flying is the best in my oppinion. Everything is fresh, and I love UAL'S breakfasts. Of course, every flight is excellent though!
happy flying in the skies that are friendly 

JZ

RE: Correction For TWA747100

Tue Mar 07, 2000 2:28 am

I flew UA JFK-SFO about 2 month ago. The service and food was pretty good. However, most of the planes they use on these routes are the early 767s they received from Boeing about 20 year ago. Some planes' interior show the age.

Tue Mar 07, 2000 5:20 am

Thanks for all who responded. If anyone has anymore input, please let me know......United747-400.