Bachelor's Degree Before Becoming A Pilot

Mon Mar 06, 2000 11:18 pm

What's the way it goes in the U.S? Do you have to go to college and get a bachelor's degree before becoming an airline pilot? Or is the education of airline pilot a bachelor's degree? I hope you get what I mean, I'm from Finland and am not totally familiar with the correct phraseology... In Finland most of the pilots are trained by Finnair, our biggest carrier. To enter the school you have to be a "baccalaureat", I don't know if this equals High School (???). Anyway, you don't have to have a bachelor's degree. The way I'm doing it, however, is that first I'll finish my Masters degree and after that start my studies to become an airline pilot. I hope it will do me some good. Anyway, I'm sorry if I didn't get all the concepts right, I hope somebody understood what I meant!

RE: Bachelor's Degree Before Becoming A Pilot

Tue Mar 07, 2000 12:34 am

Go to http://www.jetcareers.com you will find all the info you need there.
Iain