jake056

Great Experience On Song

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:48 am

a lot of posts are about bad service to pax, I just wanted to post a quick one about some really nice service.

was booked on song from Orlando to lga. booked late so all was available was a middle seat. went to the Kiosk at checkin and nothing else was showing up free (aisle or window). Relatively short flight so figure, suck it up.

waiting at gate in orlando line was long, JUST happened to be next to a gate where song was going to JFK around the same time. No one was there ( naturally all the pax on that flight had already boarded). I thought maybe I'd ask the nice woman at the desk if her flight was full and told her I'd change the destination for a better seat. She said her's was closed, but HERE IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD, she said tell me your name and flight number. She pulled it up on her terminal, made a phone call to her counterpart on MY flight and got me a seat in an emergency row (one of the main doors--second set on a 757). Nothing in front of you. total leg room!!!

I did not ask her, did not demand, did not beg. She VOLUNTARILY, took this upon herself on a flight that was not hers!! Was totally impressed AND will fly SONG again.

If I had my brain in gear I would have gotten her name and sent a note to the supervisers upstairs. Regret I didn't.

Anyway, wanted to say some carriers DO know what pax service means.

foxecho

RE: Great Experience On Song

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:52 am

Jake-

Email me the flight info if you dont mind, and I will make sure it gets to the proper people

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI
..uh, we'll need that to live......

CMHSRQ

Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:27 am

I got to fly Song JFK-LAS on the 12th, great trip.
The voice of moderation

sspontak

Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:01 am

Nice leather seats/pitch. Great food (buy on board). Nice variety of alcohol. PTV's are fun: best music, cable channels, and especially the flight tracker.

I won't be flying Song again until July 17, 2005. Hopefully something comes up that I will be able to fly them sooner.

Delta should definitely expand the Song experience to the entire mainline domestic, but it should be under the Delta name.

Go Delta/Song!
Go Delta!

foxecho

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:13 am

We've had SONG planes doing some subs on mainline runs-

I nearly wrecked my car a few weeks ago, when I saw it outbound MCI-ATL a few weeks ago when it subbed flight 364 (on my day off)

yes they did turn on the Satellite TV I'm told  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Andrew
JFK/MEM/MCI
..uh, we'll need that to live......

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos