Pe@rson
Topic Author

Air Polonia: Anyone Flown On It?

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:51 pm

Has anyone here flown Air Polonia, the Polish low-cost airline? If so, what were your impressions? Where did you fly?
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

backfire

RE: Air Polonia: Anyone Flown On It?

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:59 pm

I've flown them between London and Poznan. It was on time, the aircraft was clean, the staff were friendly. No better than your average low-fare operator but no worse either in my opinion.

Pe@rson
Topic Author

Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:07 pm

On a non-aviation point, what did you think of Poznan? Perhaps email me if you would prefer. Cheers.
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Thomas_Jaeger

Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:38 am

Have flown them on Rome Fiumicino-Warsaw, they were ok, typical low-cost flight, lower prices for snacks and drinks than other carriers though. The only thing I thought was a little strange is that the F/As did not do anything about people standing up and opening the overhead bins during taxi (with people I mean about 30% of all the guys on the plane).
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

anxebla

Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:43 am

It's very curious... "Polonia" means "Poland" in Spanish.
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

adamlaskiewicz

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:59 am

It's very curious... "Polonia" means "Poland" in Spanish.

Polonia is also a Polish word meaning "people of Polish origin who live outside Poland", or at least that's the main definition.

As the airline started life as a cargo and charter carrier taking Polish holidaymakers to sunnier Mediterranean climes I don't think they initially planned to provide air services to ex-pats. I think the name sounds quite catchy though, certainly better than some of the other low cost airline names that have appeared lately.

It's just a shame that their livery is so ugly and not as patriotic as their name suggests. I mean, the easyJet-style orange and grey splattered all over the tail and engines is hideous. Something red and white would be much better.

And as for their network, I think it is quite impressive for a small airline, especially the number of destinations now served from STN to Poland.

http://www.airpolonia.com/info/mapa.php

Ryanair737

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:47 am

Pe@rson,

Some flight reviews of Air Polonia can be found here.

They sound like a pretty good carrier!  Big thumbs up

It's just a shame that their livery is so ugly and not as patriotic as their name suggests.

I think their livery is nice!  Big grin

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Snorre - VIP Vienna International Planespotters
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Piotr Marek

Ryanair737
LAST FLIGHTS= Ryanair LPL-BGY-LPL - EI-DPS/DWV - MAY 08 // NEXT FLIGHTS= TBC

Danny

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:26 am

Pe@rson - I lived in Poznan 7 years. Very nice city to visit however I would recommend to go in the summer. Please email me if you'd like some detailed advice.

Daniel

anxebla

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:01 am

So... Polonia is a very different word in both languages... it's very curious and interesting.Thanks for that information, Adam.  Smile
Do you know if Air Polonia will fly to any Spanish resort destination or to increase frecuencies to MAD?
By the way, the info found in its web-site about the 737's is false... it look like they don't know that Airbus exist  Laugh out loud
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft