Fokker_one

For Those Near Jakarta Int'l

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:55 am

People...just booked a trip to see family and 'ill be flying to Indonesia on CX
dari Hong Kong ke Jakarta i'll be there from the 6th nov until the 1st of Jan 05.. would love to meet up with people who have the aviation virus  Big grin..

Brian

1stspotter

RE: For Those Near Jakarta Int'l

Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:13 am

Hi Brian,

I will be arriving at Jakarta on November 19 on the KLM flight from Amsterdam. Spotting at Jakarta and maybe Surabaya the next 4 days. Would be nice to have a chat at the observationdeck at Jakarta.

regards,
Marcel

studentflyer

Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:45 pm

Hi Brian and Marcel,

I will be arriving in CGK on Nov 10th, via SQ 160. I will be there until the 4th of Jan '05, and returning via SQ 159.

Just FYI, Jakarta is my home. So it would be nice if we could perhaps meet up. I'm not totally sure whether I'm going to be always available, but I'll keep you updated.

Regards,
Arya

HB-IWC

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:12 pm

You should all be here in time for the annual big rush home of Indonesians at the end of Ramadan, and at which time the Indonesian airline industry is really at its peak. The Idul Fitri celebrations will take place on Monday and Tuesday 15 and 16 November, and the absolute peak days will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday before that. No more tickets to be found on most domestic routes for those days. Let me all know about your plans and we can arrange something.

Fokker_one

Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:39 pm

Sounds good guys...perhaps contact eachother via mail.. to exchange some dates about where and when..

Brian

1stspotter

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:06 am

Hi,

Please contact me at mvdb22@hotmail.com to discuss when and where to meet in Jakarta.

regards,
Marcel

studentflyer

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:56 am

Hi again everyone,

Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at arya6986@hotmail.com, and we could arrange something to meet up, when, and where. I would very much appreciate if we could somehow meet up  Smile

I would mostly be free during my time in Jakarta, so I will try to fit in spotting in my agenda, alongside with you guys!

Regards,
Arya

Fokker_one

RE: For Those Near Jakarta Int'l (to HB-IWC)

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:04 am

yep contacted you guys through mail..@ HB-IWC i assume you are allready there? or in the planning of going there??

[Edited 2004-10-28 18:04:49]

anxebla

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:21 am

I would like to Know Jakarta if some day I go to KL/Singapore, but... Is Jakarta a dangerous city for a foreing tourist?
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

n757kw

Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:43 am

I do not consider Jakarta to be dangerous for foreign tourists. But I am a little biased since my wife is Indonesian and lives in Palembang.

I have been to Indonesia 5 times now, in the last 3 years. Transited and stayed in Jakarta everytime. I spend most of the time in Palembang. I have not had any problems.

My rule is stay away from where you would find large numbers of foreign tourists. Mainly because I stick out. I have not seen many blue eyed, blond haired travelers while in Indonesia.

Just as a note I was in Indonesia when the Australian Embassy was bombed. I had to make a few phone calls home to settle nerves.
"What we've got here, is failure to communicate." from Cool Hand Luke

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos