RichardJF
Topic Author

Qantas Using NZ Cabin Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:12 pm

Is it true that QF have or are setting up an Auckland base for long haul cabin crew to save money or do they just use New Zealand crew for the jetconnect operation.

swiss-airplane

RE: Qantas Using NZ Cabin Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:27 pm

hi there..
it's true, Qantas has a Auckland crew base... they used to fly mostly to Paris, Rome and Frankfurt.... last year (CDG-PER and BNE-FCO) and this year (FRA-SYD-FRA) i met Kiwi flight attendants. They are very friendly people  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
but the Aussi's too  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
since Qantas dropped Rome and Paris (end of this month) i'm not sure if QF has reduced their Auckland crew members... but I know that some of them are just flying the Frankfurt route...
greets

anstar

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:39 pm

I thought the NZ crew were just doing the AKL-LAX & AKL - Aussie routes.??

They used to also do Buenos Aires until it was dropped.

RichardJF
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:49 pm

Is it a good idea since they could easily compare wages with Australian counterparts for the same job. I know that when New Zealand troops fought alongside Australians in East Timor they were all brassed off because the Aussie's were making more. I would of thought in such a demanding job which is critical to your operation that is a risky move by QF.

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:16 pm

the FCO route was running from and to Perth, i flew it with some crew from NZ and i found them to be terrible, so much so that i wrote to QF expressing how rude some of them were.

but, yes they do use crew from NZ unfortunately.  Sad

777ER
Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:54 pm

I think its good for QF to use NZ based crew, even thou Australians might not like it. It provides different cultures for airline passengers to experience.

but, yes they do use crew from NZ unfortunately. Got to Expect that from an Australian

If you didn't enjoy the QF experience that day then fly on a different airline Smile

Everyone will experience rude cabin crew on a flight, its just a way of life.

[Edited 2004-10-25 10:02:16]

RichardJF
Topic Author

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:26 pm

777ER-are you air nz public relations?

TBCITDG

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:34 pm

QF never flew AKL based crew to and from PER. All they merely did was to operate from AKL to Europe and the States.
AKL crew as with BKK crew are worked to the ground. They are not direclty even employed with QF. Their wages are far less than that of Aussie crew, travel benefits are almost non existent let alone their super annuation. So you can imagine the "disscontent" that they feel since they are doing the exact same job as Australian crew for less $$,less days off etc etc etc
Even though QF puled out of EZE,CDG,FCO their AKL crew base have increased (so I've been told) and now operate on all flights from MEL,BNE,SYD to the states.

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:38 pm

it's my countries airline of which i own shares, it's not for you to tell me to fly another airline on that day, how else do you think i was going to get from Rome to Perth seeing as my journey was already with QF? i didn't employ the crew, though as a shareholder i'm entitled to speak out against crap service by people that aren't even Australian. if your going to work for OUR airline then make sure you do it with the same service and quality provided by our Australian crews.

i flew QF to FRA with an all australian crew which were fantastic, then i get on a flight from FCO-PER 2 weeks later with a crew of rude, disinterested foreigners serving me on our national carrier.
if the NZ crew's feel the need to serve in such a manner then maybe they should go work for another airline.

777ER
Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:41 pm

RichardJF

I wish. Im just a very proud kiwi, just like the other NZ members and not ashamed to stand up for NZ or any kiwi Smile

SmileAir New Zealand-The Worlds Warmest Welcome Smile

[Edited 2004-10-25 10:49:16]

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:46 pm

TBCITDG
what i was sayin is that the FCO-SIN flight continued to Perth not BNE, Perth base does the Per-Sin-Per leg.

TBCITDG

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:48 pm

If only some of that "WARM WELCOME" brushed off on the AKL based crew!!!

EZYcrew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:48 pm

Qantas 077

If you're really a QF "shareholder", you should be more than happy that QF employs underpaid New Zealand cabin crew, no?

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:50 pm

TBCITDG

100% agree with that, i don't care what conditions or contract they work under, if there working the job they should do it with the level of professionalism offered by the Oz based crews, if they don't like they should leave.

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:54 pm

it doesn't take much to become a QF shareholder mate, and i'd rather the company pay Australian's, i don't care how underpaid they are, you don't provide quality service or dislike the conditions then you should be out the door. i'd rather QF pay australians to provide bad service than foreign hired help.

btw, 49% of Qantas is owned by the public, i'm one of thousands with QF shares.

[Edited 2004-10-25 10:55:41]

777ER
Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:55 pm

Qantas077

Weither you like it or not QF will employee FAs from another country.....its just to save money. Since your a "shareholder" you should be happy that QF are not spending heaps of money on wages, so stop your bickering. How can you be 100% sure that the FCO-PER sector was by kiwi employees? Or did you just come to your conclusion that they were kiwis because of the bad service?

TBCITDG

Air New Zealand employees are knowen around the world for their "Warm Welcome".

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:04 pm

did you not read what i said, QF sector to Per was ops by Perth crew, i know the FCO-SIN flight was ops by Nz crew, the whole crew was from Nz and clearly had it on there badges. read reply 10 and i know the difference between Kiwis and Aussies.

when i say FCO-PER i mean that the flight down to Singapore was ops by NZ crew and the flight to PER was ops by Aus crew, the reason why i said FCO-PER is cos its the same flight number on the same plane all the way

[Edited 2004-10-25 11:06:44]

777ER
Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:48 pm

Every FA has their good and their bad days, even Australian QF crews.

HAINOZ

Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:04 pm

Can someone shed a bit of light??? If the NZ crews operated the FCO to SIN flights how did they rotate back to AKL? Do the NZ crews still operate any Asia to Europe flights or are they limited to the AKL-LAX-AKL flights now?

777ER
Crew

Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:06 pm

HAINOZ, firstly welcome to a.net. Hope you enjoy your hopfully long stay. If NZ crews did do the FCO-SIN flights then the could have non-reved the rest of the way back to AKL

QANTAS077

Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:13 pm

or worked flights back to Oz and nonrev from syd, bne or mel to akl, i don't think QF would nonrev 16 crew to akl all at once, maybe make them work a flight to Oz n nonrev from here.

HAINOZ

Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:22 pm

777ER - Thanks for the warm welcome. Although mentioned in earlier posts that the NZ crew wages are lower than those of their aussie conterparts, it seems like an awful lot of non utilized crew time deadheading them back and forth from Asia to NZ for what in essence would have been a 3 or 4 day trip SIN/FCO. I'm sure QF knows what they are doing and have all the logistics of crew cost figured out to the last penny but IMHO it seems like terrible waste of a crew deadheading to and from Asia. This of course would make more sense if QF had a direct service from AKL to SIN and worked the crew up to SIN and then over to a european destination but as we both know, they don't.

It's my understanding that the NZ based crews will soon be switching over from their current contractor to another one who has managed to obtain better wages, working conditions and career prospects for them. Hopefully they will benefit from this as will their moral.

swiss-airplane

Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:05 pm

I really love Australia, but to be honest, I met a really wonderfull Kiwi FA last year on the CDG-SIN routing.. she was so nice.. gave me extra drinks, business class gifts, we even exchanged our mobile numbers and she kept me updated about the Alinghi race... She's a wonderful person...
on the other hand, I met also a lot of very nice Aussi crew members

miami1

Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:52 pm

Crew are seldom dead-headed. They were rotated through SYD/MEL/BNE to AKL. And there was usually only 4-6 Kiwi FAs on each crew.

AKL Based Long Haul crew are employed as contractors through Addecco - a separate company. BKK crew are also meplyed through Addecco. AKL Based LH crew are soon to be transferred to Jetconnect - a wholly owned QF subsidiary.

NZ Domestic crews (they crew all NZ Dom and 733 Trans Tasman) are employed by Jetconnect. This company was set up using the remains of AWAS, contracted to Qantas.

With Addecco crew coming across to Jetconnect it will be split into two divisions.

TBCITDG

Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:55 am

Better conditions?? No way! Why would QF paythem better and offer them better conditions?? All this simply menas is that everyones contracts will be re negociated.
The aother dilema with AKL crew is the fatigue issue. They have minimum days off at different ports unlike thier Australian work mates. One day here, one day there. This is another reason why I susspect Auckland has a high turnover of crew.
I've been told that the majorityod Auckland crew have a bad attitude because of the huge difference in conditions between them and even the Bangkok based crew. They don;t work harder because quite frankly put 'Why should we?'

ZKSUJ

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:46 am

Yes I agree that a job should be done professionally by ALL crew, but I also think that it is unfair to treat 'foreign' workers like crap.
If you guys want good service, fly with NZ...
And are you sure that those were NZ crews, or just aussie crews that talked properly.  Big grin

monkeyboi

Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 am

I think if I seen a Flight Attendant job advertised with ANY airline but directly employed by 'X.Y.Z Agency' instead of the airline it would send the alarm bells ringing. I reckon I would be able to work out for myself that it is a money saving jobby for the airline and that the conditions and pay would be far less than the 'mainline' crews. At BA it is tricky as we have so many different contract types and subsidiaries all with VERY varying pay and conditions.....mainline, euro gatwick, BAR, Citi-express, ICC....the list goes on! But the short of it is this: If you apply for a job you make sure you are happy with the terms, conditions and pay BEFORE you sign on the dotted line. Saves you getting getting on the aircraft with a face like a slapped bum and taking frustrations out on the passengers. Saying that, I wonder if QF will have any OZ based F/A's in a few years! Overseas crew bases seem to be popping up everywhere (LHR next!). Be interesting to see what sort of comments will be on here when the brits are serving the aussies ex LHR.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

flyboy1980

Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:28 am

New Zealand and Australia are virtually one country anyway - we can apply for any job in either country and there's no need for work permits, visa's etc.

Calling New Zealanders "foreign" sounds extremely strange and a little racist to me!

NZ767

Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:36 am

"And are you sure that those were NZ crews, or just aussie crews that talked properly."
LMAO@SUH

"New Zealand and Australia are virtually one country anyway"
Hey! Cut that out Flyboy.  Insane

flyboy1980

Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:32 am

I'm the first to stand up for New Zealand, especially when it's the Aussies giving us c**p  Smile

I'm just saying, with regard to legal rights around working in either country, there really is no restriction.

Qantasflyer

Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:56 pm

To be honest this is a really horrible policy of employing crew from other countries. I would much rather QF employed all Australian crew. I cant help but feel that there is a slight tension between kiwis and aussies, cmon guys were close neighbours and should act that way!

ZKSUJ

"And are you sure that those were NZ crews, or just aussie crews that talked properly."

You wish mate! - no sence to that whatsoever

Regards
Qantasflyer That's the spirit. The Spirit of Australia!

QANTAS077

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:15 pm

i'd prefer QF keep jobs of cabin crew for Australian's, like i said i don't see BA and the like crewing there planes with aussies and i'm not sure we should be either.

ZKSUJ

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:55 pm

FlyBoy has a point there. We and Oz are pretty much Buddy Buddy if you know what I mean. It would be easier for a NZer to get a job in Oz than in NZ in some cases.

ZKSUJ

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:59 pm

Flyboy, when I said 'foreign' I did not intend it in a racist way. It is just that this thread singles out NZers from Aussies and classes us a 'foreign' workers.

Lufthansa

Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:14 pm

Guys guys guys

Get with the 21 C.
"i'd prefer QF keep jobs of cabin crew for Australian's, like i said i don't see BA and the like crewing there planes with aussies and i'm not sure we should be either."

Guess what. BA do use foreign crew. The use ppl from All european countries, as well as South Africa and Japan. United has FA's based in London, Paris and NRT, AF as Japanese, LH has Thai etc. This goes on and on and on.

Really this "Australian only" attitude is a bit outdated. It's not 1950 guys. If we want to run a GLOBAL company, then we need global staff. Rember, some of QF's customers include little old ladies who live in Nice, who are probably shit cared that they're on a plane for 23 hrs, and probably struggle to death with their english.

Why is a kiwi any different? I would employ them in a flash. This "Australian only " attitude is Xenophobic, racist, and sounding rembarkably like the "100 % american" or the "all-american" crap. Very ironic when you consider both countries are founded on immigration and the hard work of forgieners.

If QF should set up a crew base anywhere, it should be SINGAPORE. all long haul flights between Europe and Australia should operate out of it. This would save a fortune, and make a hell of a lot more sense but the union would never stand for it. Singapore has just announced they're going to make accept more immigrants, and it not a bad city to live in Guys. I can think of plenty of young Australians that would jump at the chance. Perhaps the real problem is the old battleaxes that have hung onto their overpaid jobs who are very comfortable.

[Edited 2004-10-26 08:16:01]

monkeyboi

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:18 pm

Lufthansa is totally right. At BA we have loads of foreign based crews. There are bases in India, the middle east, egypt, brazil, venezuela, singapore etc etc. Even in the UK bases, the only requirement for BA cabin crew in terms of nationality is to have a passport from an EU country, so a huge proportion of crew at the London bases are foreign. This works well as 60% of our passengers are foreign, so shouldn't this be reflected in the crews?

To be honest I think if BA could get around the unions, crew bases would spring up tomorrow in cities like SYD and MEL. But for the time being at least, I don't think this will happen thanks to the strength of our union. We do have SIN and BKK based crews that work the LHR - ASIA - SYD/MEL flights but they only make up a small proportion of the crew. It's great having them onboard though as they understand the language and cultures of the non british/western pax on board.

miami1

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:56 pm

"i'd prefer QF keep jobs of cabin crew for Australian's, like i said i don't see BA and the like crewing there planes with aussies and i'm not sure we should be either."

BA do not have anyway near as many flights ex Australia as the QF NZ operations (and Long Haul ex-AKL). I think it is practical that QF base crew in NZ. Though using them on Europe patterns is to the detriment of Australian crew and abusing the system, in my opinion. I also believe the poorer conditons for AKL based crew (and BKK) are not justified given that the crew perform THE SAME JOB as there Aussie counterparts. The cost saving for QF already comes in having crew based in these places. Further savings from denying the crew a fair wage is wrong.

Having said that. Customers should never notice a differing level of service based on two employee's differing pay scales.

AnsettB727

Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:50 am

I love NZ and, even though there are many similarities between our countries, there are also good arguments for keeping the two cultures distinct.

Good luck to the NZers working on QF: I'm sure you're just as good as any QF crew. However, it is disappointing our flag carrier is choosing to take jobs away from Australians. When I step on board a QF aircraft in a foreign country, it's akin to being home, and I'd expect to the a/c to be crewed by Australians, as ANZ a/c should be crewed by NZers.

Otherwise, I might as well take my money and fly home on ANZ, QANTAS!

ZKSUJ

Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:56 pm

While I do agree that an airline can represent a country, I still think that foreign based crews are a good idea.
I admit that I feel very patriotic when I see an NZ aircraft over seas, and yes we do presume that the crew are from the airlines country of origin, but foreign crews bring different diversity into the airline. Another reason could be the languages that different people speak (obviously not in QF and NZ crew case) but for other airlines.
And besides, Ozzies and NZers are virtually the same, after all, no one else in the world seems to be able to tell us apart!!!

airnewzealand

Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:36 pm

Hi there guys,
Been away on a flight up to LAX...

Now where do i start...
Firstly as a AKL based crew member working for Qantas i have to strongly disagree with Qantas077 statements...
Firstly New Zealand crew are highly praised by management and other AUSSIE based Cabin crew for the excellent jobs we do, we work our arses off to please our passengers and to make sure that noone gets off that plane dissatisfied.
We currently fly AKLSYD/AKLBNESYD/SYDSIN/SINFRA/AKLLAX/LAXMEL/BNELAX/LAXBNE/LAXAKL/FRASIN/SYDJNB/JNBSYD/SYDBNEAKL/SINAKL.
Now Miami1 has just told the forum what has happened, our contracts are now going to a WHOLLY owned subsidery of Qantas named Jet Connect in January 2005. It has been stated to us that this could, and i stress could, open the door to better work conditions, better staff travel and may also allow us to apply for CSM and CSS positions.
Back to what Qantas077 was saying...
I donot know what airline you were flying mate, but NZ crews have NEVER crewed an entire flight by themselves....
We generally only have 3-4 flight attendants onboard up to Europe, America and South Africa and it can vary from 4-6 on Trans Tasman.
I just talked to one of my friends who has been flying for quite sometime with Adecco, and was told that they only used to crew Europe with 2 AKL based crew, so i have no idea where you are getting this 14 man AKL crew from... Was it during the strikes at all? Maybe they had just worked the SINFCO route prior and only had minimum rest...12 hours????

ZKSUJ...
Sorry dude, but WE signed the contract, WE knew what we were getting ourselves into, but WE took it with open arms, thats why you donot see us Kiwi crews in the galley complaining on a long sector, rather in the cabin mixing and talking to the passengers if they are awake.
Even though our pay is not as much as Australian based crews and our perks are no where near the same, we took the job for the same reason, because we love to fly, have fun whilst we are doing it, make people feel special and travel the world.
We go through exactly the same training school as the rest of the Australian based crews so nothing will be different to what you experience either with us, thai based (who are fabulous) or Aussies.
We all get on very well, and know when to keep things professional if we donot have the same opinion!!!

Miami1...
Thanks for setting the record straight, will be good to fly with you sometime.

Oh and by the way...Please donot judge us because of our nationality...KNOW US BEFORE YOU JUDGE US!!!  Smile

Cheers
Mikey
AKL based

PS: Our BASE salary is more than an AirNZ flight attendant.

QANTAS077

Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:04 pm

it was a majority NZ crew as we were told this on an onboard announcement, think it was about 6 or so, it was a fco-sin flight at a time when fco was having strikes, i do know what i'm talking about, my partner of many years is a QF longhaul cabin crew member.

i'm sorry to burst the bubble, but the crew i was attended by were not the friendliest.

here is my report from that trip.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/38121/6/

monkeyboi

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:16 am

I think this whole subject reflects badly on ozzies tolerence of foreigners. I can't think of many major western airlines that DON'T employ a large proportion of crew from overseas. Airlines represent a countrys diversity, which in Australia's case is very wide indeed. A huge proportion of Australia's population is made up of immigrants from nearly every country in the world, and I believe the crew on-board the nations carrier should reflect this. OK, a big proportion of ozzies choose to fly QF and like the feeling of being 'home' when on an aircraft. But let's not forget all the New Zealanders or Italians or Greeks etc etc that fly Qantas either point to point or via one of QF's hubs to get from A-B. Isn't it a nice touch to see someone from their homelands on board?

I was born and bred in Sydney and am proud to call myself an ozzie. I work as crew for BA based at LHR and have to say that we carry loads of QF connecting pax. I like to think that they enjoy hearing a 'friendly twang' from one of the crew on a foreign carrier far from home. Why shouldn't foreigners flying QF be entitled to that also? And in my 8 years since starting at BA I haven't yet had a complaint from any British passengers about being served by a 'foreigner'.

ZKSUJ

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:40 am

Monkeyboi...
Exactly the point I was making in post 38 when I said that foreign crew are a good thing.

AirNewZealand...
Sorry. I know that you guys know what you got your selves into, and I fully agree with you. I was just trying to point out that having an unfriendly crew is unfortunate, but you cannot blame in on them being treated 'lesser' than others.
Yes, they should have the benifits as QF Oz employies IMO, but me saying they got treated like crap is just a means of scarcasm. As I said, ALL workers should owork to a professional level no matter what the race, pay etc... Being an FA should be a job that you enjoy, not one that you loathe..

Sorry for the confusion

airnewzealand

Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:00 am

Hey guys...
Let me give you an idea of how we work...
This is a typical FRA roster for us Kiwi crew...

AKL-BNE-SYD(Work)
Layover: 49hours
New Crew

SYD-SIN(Work)
Layover: 24 Hours
New Crew

SIN-FRA(Work)
Layover: 41 hours
Same crew as SYD-SIN

FRA-SIN(Work)
Layover: 49 hours
New Crew

SIN-SYD(Work)
Layover: 17 hours
Same crew

SYDBNE(PAX) BNEAKL(Work)

So as you can see from this our work conditions are nearly EXACTLY the same, though we have minimum rest sometimes, our layover times are exactly the same EXCEPT when we are in FRA. The crew get another day their.
I have no idea where this low morale is coming from, but from who i have worked with we donot have a low morale at all. Have any of you guys flown with AKL crew before except in Qantas077 dreams??
If you look for us onboard we are usually at one of these doors.... Boarding/Doors 4 on RHS/ Doors 3 on RHS/ Door 2 on RHS/ Door 5 LHS. Thats about it.
Since i have been flying i have got nothing but compliments from the crews and passengers alike.
I do have to confess that their are most likely bad apples in AKL base , but their are a whole lot in the Aussie base aswell...its everywhere!
Fact is, we are here to stay, get used to us, and we are expanding... currently have 190 crew expanding to 240.

As for Qantas077...
You keep changing your story mate, Your losing all credibility. I am not going to argue with a fake who has no idea. Your partner is a fa...in your dreams!!!
Their are good and bad in all nationalities, and if you really felt that dissapointed in the service you recieved, you should of got their names and reported them to Qantas, as AKL base management donot take bad customer service reports lightly.
Whos to say that they were kiwis but based in Australia?
As most people say, you cnnot judge us on one experience, oh but thats different because we are kiwi working for a foreign airline??
You should get your facts correct before you generelise about the whole AKL base.

ZKSUJ...
Sorry about the confusion. It just really annoys me when people judge AKL base before even knowing us or getting served by us.

It is very strange how a CSM told the cabin that they were an all AKL base oh sorry 6 or so, and that he was "served" by every single Flight attendant who happened to be Kiwi onboard the flight.
Makes you wonder huh...

Hope to see you onboard one day

Cheers
Mikey

QANTAS077

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:40 am

airnz
i'll look past your comment's, i'm not about to sit here and ramble on about who she is or isn't, that's your opionion and so be it.

fact as stated in my report which was nearly 18 months ago, so i think you can excuse my memory, i've written 8 or 9 reports since then, the crew was all from NZ in the Y cabin, the service from 1 in particular was shocking, hence a complaint was made, the service from other Nz crew was not so crash hot either.

solution- if your going to work for any carrier, then give it 200% service, not some half assed attempt, it reflects badly on the nation your representing and the airline your flying for. i don't care who i get served by, i do object to having foreign crews treating passengers like second class citizens though, not acceptable in anyones book.

airnewzealand

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:03 pm

Qantas077...
This is the last i have to say, i canot be bothered arguing and wasting my energy on someone who thinks only "foriegn crews" treat pax as second class citizens.
Fact is take a look at your Aussie based crew before judging others.

Be very interesting to serve you on one of my flights- very interesting indeed... let me tell you, you'll think you just flew first class not Y/C.

Cheers
Mikey

Off to JNB tomorrow ill write a report when i get back for all you guys interested!

777ER
Crew

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:20 pm

Qantas077

If that trip report is by you then how come you started a new a.net username when you had an already good a.net username (Qantas005)?

I have noticed several times in your posts on this topic that by nearly every post your story is changing slightly.

QANTAS077

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:50 pm

changed it cos i didn't want to pay the monthly f/c fee, so i got a new username a few months back, if you clicked on my old details you'll see that. oh and you check my website from the link on my profile to see the same trip reports, my memory of exact details is hazey, but my memory of the crew and the service isn't.

either way, you may not like the fact that someone was not impressed by NZ crew, but that's the way it is, and in my mind if your aussie, kiwi, pom or whatever and provide a poor level of service then you shouldn't be doing the job.

http://www.studio1.com.au/sc/index.php?pg=trips_asia03

i've no reason to bullshit, and mikey i will be interested to see your report, and if your working on QF11 on dec 4 or QF 94 to mel on dec 14 then i'll be on those flights  Big grin

[Edited 2004-10-28 08:08:20]

777ER
Crew

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:10 pm

Qantas077
After reading your trip-report on your web-site I can NOT find anywhere it says that the QF flight with the rude crew were New Zealanders. But on your a.net report it mentions ONLY ONE New Zealand flight attendent that was rude and not all the nz flight attendents.

http://www.studio1.com.au/sc/index.php?pg=trips_asia03

QANTAS077

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:44 pm

oh i'm not gonna get all friggin technical, your gonna tell me next i edited the flight report here, fact is, a few members on the flight were from NZ and were rude, i do notice these things cos i like to compare service with other airlines. a particular member of cabin crew that was based in NZ was rude enough for me to report her, normally i wouldn't say anything but this i took great exception to, not the fact that she was from NZ.

but the fact that she thought she could speak to someone the way she did. and to be spoken to like that by someone who is NOT an Australian or Oz based cabin member makes it a little more worse in my book.

i've never written a bad report on QF, except that flight from FCO-SIN, and yeah the one on my site is abbreviated a bit, but the one that i linked you to with my old username states it all.

also refer to reply 4, note the word SOME. that should clarify everything.  Big grin