NYC-air
Topic Author

Delta JFK-LAXandSFO-JFK

Wed Mar 08, 2000 7:23 am

Awhile back there was a discussion about UAL's service between JFK and SFO/LAX. I'm going to be flying Delta's 763 nonstops on these routes and was wondering if anyone has experianced their service. How is it? The routes from NYC(JFK/EWR) to LAX/SFO are dominated by UAL, AA, and CO, and also flown several times daily by DL and TWA-------i know that i'm not counting Tower. If anyone has any service comparisons between the airlines that would be interesing too even though I'll be on DL.

DeltaAir

RE: Delta JFK-LAXandSFO-JFK

Wed Mar 08, 2000 8:07 am

You will most likely be on a new 767-300ER, configured for international routes out of JFK. This includes the new Business Elite setup in the front of the aircraft as well as the 777-like coach seats. There are 48 Business Class seats (2-2-2) and 143 Coach Seats (2-3-2). The service in Business Elite is good on long flights, which I believe LAX-JFK is around 5 hours. Delta has introduced a new menu in both Coach and BizElite and the food is very good on most flights, but sometimes you get something that isn't so good.

DeltaAir

Follow Up

Wed Mar 08, 2000 8:11 am

There is a good chance you might be upgraded to the 777-200 on these routes as well. Delta has been switching a lot of flights out of JFK to the 777 since there is a shortage of 767-300s.

euroschu

RE: Delta JFK-LAXandSFO-JFK

Wed Mar 08, 2000 8:32 am

The flights out of LAX are operated with the European 767-300ER (except the red-eye, which is a 757 --- avoid this flight). The European 767's are great and the service is excellent in Business Elite. The coach seats are 2-3-2 and the service is what you would get on any coach flight operated by UA,AA,DL, etc.. nothing exceptional.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos