kiwi

Commercial aircraft parts for sale

Tue Jan 19, 1999 9:02 am

Hello!-
Does anyone know a place where an aviation buff can buy parts from retired commercial jets as collectibles? I realize that the growing problem of "bootlegged" parts in the aviation industry may prevent any such opportunity. I was turned down by several scrap dealers in Arizona when I asked if I could buy something small, like a trim tab, for a souvenir. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

flyf15

RE: Commercial aircraft parts for sale

Tue Jan 19, 1999 9:05 am

My dad has bought stuff at those place in AZ, but not plane parts. I went there about 3 weeks ago, but it was Sunday so everything was closed.

Cody

Tue Jan 19, 1999 9:44 am

At my home airport in Hagerstown Maryland sits a Pan Am and an Eastern 727. Once awhile back, the owners sold some of the seats from these planes and every once in a while you see these orange and brown seats siting around the field. Anyway, someone told me they are thinking about selling more stuff but i don't know

Tue Jan 19, 1999 10:19 am

Go to Barnstomers.com they have things like B-17 seats and 747 bathrooms. And a load of junk. Even F-15 sticks. So much stuff you will feel like a little boy at the candy store.
Iain

Pan Am and Eastern

Tue Jan 19, 1999 12:39 pm

How far is from Rockville (Montgomery County) to Hagerstown???? I havent been there. Can you send me email with more details about this two planes???

Thanks
Rafal

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos