Here are some inaccuracies that I found in the two movies.
1. The ORD
flight was an early evening departure, between 5 and 6 pm. I think AF
may have had morning departures on JFK
, but no one out of ORD
had a morning departure for CDG
2. The plane that was shown departing ORD
was a DC-10-10. That didn't have trans-Atlantic range.
was using 767ERs on ORD
, so the DC-10 was completely wrong.
4. I don't think AA
ever flew to Scranton.
5. When you see the family running through the Paris airport, that was actually the underground passage connecting Terminal 3 at ORD
with the parking garage.
6. If I recall correctly, didn't they first send Kevin's mother to DFW
, then to Scranton? ORD
is one of AA
's busiest routes. You can always walk up and get on a plane, eventually. It's almost like the BOS
Home Alone 2:
1. Kevin's family was shown departing on a 767 for MIA
, while Kevin was on a 767 departing for LGA
never flew 767s on ORD
. The only widebody at the time on the route was the A300.
2. I'm not sure if AA
was still flying the 767 on ORD
at the time, but the widebodies tended to go at rush hour, 6-9am or 4-7pm. I think their departure was late morning, so it would have been a 727 or an MD
3. If you noticed, that Kevin turned to his left after entering the L1 door. That was the 747SP mock-up used for F/A training.
4. Any time I've flown first, I've been addressed by name when being asked for my pre-departure drink. The F/A would have started asking questions when she has an unaccounted passenger in First.