mozart

Is There An Observation Deck At Tokyo HND?

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:27 am

can anyone tell me whether there is an observation deck at Haneda airport or whether at least there is a good view on the tarmac from inside the terminal?

Cheers

hkg_clk

RE: Is There An Observation Deck At Tokyo HND?

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:31 am

See my homepage for a comprehensive guide to spotting and photography at HKG

Andy1309

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:36 am

Hi there

There are two large decks at HND, both in the main terminal (on the 8th floor I believe). Both have views out over the main part of the field and two out of the three runways. The deck on the right hand side of the terminal has an upper level which allows views of the bayside runway and some of the remote parking stands. The decks are open from about 8am until late at night.

On the floor below the decks are a few restaurants which also give views over the field, although I haven't tried these restaurants myself.

There is also a new terminal currently being built, but I'm not sure whether this will have a deck.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Regards

Andy.

CX777

Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:35 am

Like HKG_clk says, Ito's site has most details you will ever need. I use it whenever I visit Japan. As to update you on the decks at RJTT, the new terminal deck is opening Dec 1st 2004 (with the terminal) and will have excellent views of the 34 R/ 16L. Perfect for afternoon as sun is at your back.
The old terminal decks are good but you can take pics only till 11 (in Nov/Dec) due to sun in wrong direction. However its a fantastic place to visit and just take in all those T7s being turned around like the WN 737s!
RC