mdwalkman

Earliest Check-in Time For Virgin?

Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:56 am

Hi, I am flying to Hong Kong in the next a few days. the flight is scheduled to depart at 21:30. is it possible to check in A LOT earlier, like 13:00?
I am planning to go somewhere else after dropping my baggage in the airport, then return to the airport at around 19:00.

Cheers

Ray
Please excuse my poor English.

BCAL

RE: Earliest Check-in Time For Virgin?

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:09 am

You have not said where you are flying from but I assume it is LHR.

The self serve check in might be best and I paste below details from the VS website

Check in just got a whole lot easier, you can check in and pick your own seats before you leave home. From 24 hours to 2 hours before your flight is due to leave you can check in online, just follow these simple steps:

1. Gather together all the travel documents of all the passengers you wish to check in.

2. Click the "Check In" button below and follow all on screen instructions to check yourself in.

3. Amend your automatic seat selection if you wish.

4. Go to the airport, ensuring you leave yourself plenty of time to arrive no later than one hour prior to departure.

5. Look for the DIY Check In Bag Drop desk to drop off any checked luggage you may have and pick up your boarding pass.

Currently this service is available in Virgin Atlantic departure airports in the UK, the USA, South Africa, Japan, Hong Kong and China.

My understanding is that the DIY Check In Bag Drop is open all day, so you should be able to drop your bags in at 13.00 but best phone VS to confirm.

Hope this helps!

MOL on SRB's latest attack at BA: "It's like a little Chihuahua barking at a dying Labrador. Nobody cares."

FutureFO

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:59 am

I had a flight on VS from LHR-EWR that left at 2100. I checked in at 1130. In the US though you are only allowed to check in 4 hours prior to departure.

Sean from MCO and CVG
I Don't know where I am anymore

The Red Baron

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:35 am

You can check in 24 hrs in advance on-line at the Virgin website.

mdwalkman

Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:49 am

sorry i forgot to mention i will be departing from LHR.

Check-in is not a problem, just a few mouse clicks. The only thing I am worrying is whether they will take my luggage at 13:00? I was doing similar when I fly with BA. I checked in on-line one day before my flight, but the check-in staff at fast bag drop refused to accept my luggage, untill 4 hours before take off...
Please excuse my poor English.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos