bartond

DFW This Time Next Year

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:24 am

Alright I'm bored so I thought I would toss this out there - what will DFW look like this time next year? The new international terminal will be up and running (hopefully), and the new train will be whisking around the airport, Delta will be all but gone and Terminal E looks to be a pretty vacant place. Might Airtran take some of those gates? Jetblue? Frontier to ramp up service? AA take up some of those gates and dominate the airport even more?

What will the international terminal look like at any one point? It'll probably have about 16-17 gates with AA planes, 1 for TACA, 1 for LH, 1 for BA, KE is there before the European widebodies so it might use one of their gates like they do now in Terminal B, 1 or 2 for Mexicana/Aeromexico...?, 1 for Ryan Int'l., etc. What else? Might JAL actually pony up and come back? Doesn't sound like QF has any plans of coming here, EI might work but the Ireland/US agreements won't allow it and they'd rather use new planes on SFO, MIA, etc. What carrier might pull a Sabena and come here with its own metal via a codeshare with AA? EVA? Who knows but I'd like to get some thoughts on what might ACTUALLY happen. Any new news?

ktachiya

RE: DFW This Time Next Year

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:53 am

Bartond, I have no idea if JL will come back

But they have the aircraft necessary to do that. I mean the 777-200ER would be a good replacment. But again, if they have the alliance with AA, is there any need for JL to do it by itself?

That's what I think
Flown on: DC-10-30, B747-200B, B747-300, B747-300SR, B747-400, B747-400D, B767-300, B777-200, B777-200ER, B777-300

ConcordeBoy

Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:59 am

What will DFW look like...

...a giant uber-domestic airport, what else?  Laugh out loud
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

airstatdfw

Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Well AA will have 20 gates of the new terminal so most of it will be silver birds parked there. Other carriers unsure, heard Air India maybe, JAL was looking at a lounge to buy in the terminal, SAS looking but we are still a ways out.

ejmmsu

Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:11 pm

With Airtran's buildup at MDW, I think its unlikely for a huge expansion at DFW any time soon. The big wildcard will be what WN decides to do.

I can't wait untill the high speed rail is finished. It will make connecting terminals much easier.

Also, If WN comes to DFW, I think they will have a parking problem. The remote lots are already filled to capacity most of the time, and terminal parking at DFW is outragous.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

PSU.DTW.SCE

Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:43 pm

Well, AA is planning ramp up operations even more, by adding 90-some more flights. More international stuff is in the works, like the return of DFW-KIX.

DL hub/focus city will be gone.

All bets are off now for WN or AirTran showing up anytime soon. They will be brawling up at MDW. On that note, if AirTran gets all the MDW gates, then they won't be able to do anything at DFW for a while since all new resources will be going toward MDW for a while. WN will probably counter, and this will likely be the end of the handshake relationship between WN and AirTran which sure could make things interesting at BWI and MDW. Watch WN go start ATL ops just to stick it to them. I can't imagine WN being to happy about the AirTran & ATA potential deal.

The other wildcard is US in PHL. If they go, then WN will ramp up PHL big time.

For the time being, as in year for now, its not too likely that WN will be there and AirTran to ramp up. The battles are being fought elsewhere.

FlewGSW

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:06 am

Eagle will leave their A2 terminal when terminal D opens.

So terminal A will have a mess of Eagle RJs and Saabs parked there again.

jetjeanes

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:12 am

it could if marketed correctly take a lot of the south american market from mia with that much space. Mia is just getting old and short on space...
i can see for 80 miles

FlewGSW

Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:42 am

Don't look for South American flights to leave MIA.

Folks from down there want to fly to MIA, and just MIA, not so much to the rest of the U.S.

NWDC10

Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:11 am

I still think NW will move in DFW when DL moves out. Robert NWDC10

MAH4546

Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:17 am

it could if marketed correctly take a lot of the south american market from mia with that much space. Mia is just getting old and short on space...

Great idea. Then AA's new $1.2B terminal at MIA can be empty...

http://www.miantd.com

Besides, roughly half of AA's MIA LatAm traffic is going to MIA, not connecting.
a.

Bobs89irocz

Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:47 am

What about the DL hanger? Ive very currious whats going to happen with that?

AA i dont think will jump on that, however it would be cool. Air Tran???? Maybe if they take over more gates at DFW? Otherwise its just going to sit empty. Unless FedEx needs hanger  Big grin

ejmmsu

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:17 pm

I strongly doubt that NW would move into DFW for many reasons.

1. Sharing a hub, and being the #2 airline there by a wide margin doesn't fit NW's current tendency to protect thier hubs from competition.

2. The only way NW would have any chance at DFW would be to move their entire MEM operation to DFW. I don't really know if there would be room for that. NW currently has a high-fare monopoly at MEM, and that is not something they would have a DFW.

3. NW would face the same problems as Delta. I don't think DFW is large enough to support a two large-scale legacy hub arrangement. With a very superiour route structure to Delta, American slowly gained loyalty from DFW pax.
"If the facts do not conform to the theory, they will have to be disposed of"

JayDavis

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:37 pm

Maybe the guy above meant to say WN instead of NW ????

If so, that still isn't going to happen. I just saw in the paper that WN absolutely said they had NO interested whatsoever in starting flights at DFW. AirTran was going to have, at one time, 30 to 40 flights a day at DFW, but now that they "might" have the MDW operation going from buying out ATA's fleet for MDW, they will put DFW more on the back-burner.

Also, WN (Southwest) is NEVER going to go into ATL and try and stick it to them (FL, AirTran). They have no interest whatsoever going into that HEAVILY congested airport. They have a lot of places they can still start service to in the USA with their 737's before they even THINK about ATL.

Lastly, at best, JAL will come back to DFW but that is about it with possibly the exception of AF. I don't see Air India coming in at all.

Jay

kkfla737

Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:47 pm

Yeah, MAH is correct as usual. Why would AA make the same mistake UA did with Latin American traffic from Miami when half the traffic is O&D? I'm not sure if the WN/FL "handshake" is over even if FL does gto into MDW. There are still several key cities ATA served from MDW that WN would never touch. In BWI there is overlap on Florida routes and nothing else. I don't think the MDW situation will be that clean, but I don't think FL will go out of its way to antagonize WN either on certain routes. If that means pulling back from some ATA routes, that may happen.

flymunich

Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:16 am

American flights to munich???

N839MH

Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:31 am

Well...as for DFW...looks and sounds like AA wants the entire B terminal
(old Braniff 2W). This would move all the domestic airlines to Delta's
terminal E.

Delta will use gates 11, 12, 13,14 & 15. Crown Room at gate 10 will stay,
the remaining Crown Rooms will close. E34 Crown Room closes Novebmer 31, 2004

Sattelite Crown Room closes January 30, 2005. (Gate 27).

The Delta Hangar....rumors are UPS will be taking that over, they need a good hangar facility at DFW.
Solodude!

texdravid

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:32 am

Bartond,
You truly must have been bored!!

The answer is NO to JAL, AI, AF, SQ, Qantas, or any other international airline.
The reason is simple...DFW is a large and efficient domestic airport...to be a truly international airport with large numbers of foreign carriers requires our fair city to be able to attract foreign visitors, not just businessmen.

I have traveled extensively around America and Europe/Asia. You don't want to know what "they" think of Dallas. It would break your heart and get you upset. I kinda of gotten used to it.

They think Dallas is a boring city with no touristy places to visit, and most Europeans don't like the Texan culture.

In this election year, they also hate George Bush, and Dallas, and Texas in general is tied to that.

I predict that other than Terminal A and C, the airport will be mostly barren. Furthermore, I predict that DFW will fall out of the Top 10 busiest airports in the world by 2008.

Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

airstatdfw

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:46 am

Tex why so negative! I think we will have some new traffic. I know of carriers that have expressed intrest in DFW. One reason why they aren't here now is because we don't have that many gates and they all want to be here at the same time.

jcs17

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:01 pm

to be a truly international airport with large numbers of foreign carriers requires our fair city to be able to attract foreign visitors

Ummm...Houston is able to attract foreign visitors? Geez, I feel bad for the person who gets suckered into buying a vacation in Houston. The majority of Europeans who have I met and have visited Texas do like it. No, Dallas isn't the most touristy city in the world, and I can understand why some one would find it boring--but Houston is pretty boring too in that regard, and a hell of a lot dirtier.

I think Air France might be out of the picture for the next few years, especially with DL pulling their RJ hub. JAL is a possibility, but one thing that hasn't been brought up is that JAL only flies the 747-400 to North America--probably overkill in the DFW market, and the JL 777-200 is not configured, seating-wise, for trans-Pacific segments. Someone brought up the possibility of SK coming to DFW--probably not, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. I don't think that AA would even bother putting a competing flight on a DFW-CPH route (although I wouldn't put it past them  Big grin ). I think Cathay might be well served to look closely at a route to DFW, especially since there are no flights to Southeast Asia from DFW (KE is only a few times weekly, and ICN doesn't offer the most convenient connections to Southeast Asia). If anything, CX could gain some real codeshare opportunities with a flight from DFW. BR to TPE, again...longshot...but, they're raking in cash on the cargo route, however sometimes it doesn't translate. AI...doubt it.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Lono

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:23 pm

Tex
DFW is not just a large "domestic" airport...
Just because DL is leaving doesn't mean DFW will start shrinking..
In my opinion DL had a good shot at making DFW successful... However they failed to capitalize on the gains they made against AA there... For a while there DL had service to FRA, ACA, MEX, PVR along with of course many domestic city pairs. The international flights DL had were constantly oversold and freight would back up.

The Metroplex is what the 5th largest metropolitan area in the USA..??? The population continues to build at a rapid rate and the tax structure makes it very attractive for businesses.... Right up the road is the Alliance Airport and that is also very successful...

I would have to disagree with you that DFW will be out of the top ten airports any time soon
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

Bobs89irocz

Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:48 pm

Lono- I totally agree with you. I lived in Fort Worth for 17 out of my 22 years and have seen a shift in the traffic at DFW the past 5 years. With DL leaving its not a BIG difference but it a noticable change. Others will come and more often as well. AFW is a good asset to have, only to FedEx and AA for now. With FTW, AFW, DAL all being so close to DFW i would consider DFW able to hold its own VERY well. I dont see it falling out of the top 10 anytime soon at all either.

7e72004

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:14 am

ATA will have a hub at DFW in place of DL  Big thumbs up
The next generation of aircraft is just around the corner!

ATLhomeCMH

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:37 am

If the FL MDW ATA takeover can get past Mayor Daley's kung-fu grip and be officially approved, it is highly unlikely that FL will expand any further at DFW in the near future.

After 1/31/2005 DFW's Terminal E will look eerily dead, I am predicting.
"The most terrifying words in the Engligh language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"-Ronald Reagan

texdravid

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:28 am

I must admire you guys for your idealism and big dreams of DFW, but I must respectfully disagree.

I will be the first to eat crow when DFW gets another international carrier, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

When international visitors who are tourists think of America, they think LAX, SFO, MIA, NYC, etc. Visiting Dallas is not on any Asian/European wish list.
Hence when the economy hits a rough patch and businesses cut back, DFW has no place to go, and carriers either cut back or leave entirely.

Lono

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 am

Tex
Some places are more business than tourist... The metroplex is an international business destination...
Having lived there myself... I would see many European/Asian tourists especially in the Ft Worth Stockyards... and having spent time working in DFW you see many international business people coming and going.... Ever hang out in the DL crown room or the AA admirals club.... you see the international business folks in there...

SO more business than pleasure for sure... but the international community needs to come to DFW to conduct business....
Wally Bird Ruled the Skys!

ConcordeBoy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:15 am

I think Air France might be out of the picture for the next few years, especially with DL pulling their RJ hub.

Agreed

JAL is a possibility, but one thing that hasn't been brought up is that JAL only flies the 747-400 to North America--

Since when...?

probably overkill in the DFW market, and the JL 777-200 is not configured, seating-wise, for trans-Pacific segments.

prolly why they'd use their 772ERs  Big grin

I think Cathay might be well served to look closely at a route to DFW, especially since there are no flights to Southeast Asia from DFW
~~~

If anything, CX could gain some real codeshare opportunities with a flight from DFW.

CX doesn't have anything that could reliably hit DFW yearround with any decent payload...

When international visitors who are tourists think of America, they think LAX, SFO, MIA, NYC, etc

...and even then, that doesn't automatically translate into a plethora of int'l service/carriers:
e.g.- LAS, MCO, TPA, and especially MSY

DeltaGuy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:19 am

And BN will reactivate to pick up the slack in the market that DL will have left  Big grin

In all seriousness though...it's a shame DL is just GIVING the rest of that hub to AA...but I guess ATL will be always be Deltaville, and DFW always Americantown.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

AAtakeMeAway

Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:03 am

Will the KE operations at DFW be affected by the de-hubbing of DL? My real question is: Is the majority of KE's DFW traffic O&D or Sky Team connections? Did DL's last re-configuration at DFW (when they shifted several mainlines to RJs) affect KE?

bartond

Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:09 am

That's a good question AATakeMeAway. I think there are a good number of connecting pax coming into DFW on Delta flights and then taking KE across the Pacific, starting their journeys from places like Alabama, Louisiana, and all across Texas. But I would venture to say that a much larger portion of DFW's KE traffic is O&D or atleast starting in DFW then connecting to places like Vietnam. I would imagine that people will continue to connect through DFW and use KE's service but use AA to start their trips. No codeshare but oh well.

I hope that KE can sustain its recent increases in pax with Delta gone from DFW...should be interesting to see.

Idea - would/could AA start a codeshare agreement with KE? Seems like this would ease the transition with the loss of Delta from DFW. Just a thought.

jrlander

Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:23 am

I would guess that KE might close the DFW station and open a route to IAH. The CO hub at IAH would give them significant business. In addition, I am guessing that many Delta customers who have previously used the DFW hub will fly CO through IAH when it is possible, thereby giving KE access to many of the same passengers from Delta's DFW hub. The CO hub would also give KE access to so much of Latin America.

COfaninBOS

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:36 am

I've wondered the same things about KE.

In addition to providing convenient connections via SkyTeam to Texas, the Southeastern US, Mexico, and Latin America, Houston also offers a much larger Asian population than DFW.

The kicker in this equation could be China Airlines though. CI recently started 3 times a week service to Taipei via Seattle to connect Houston with Southeast Asia. Rumor has this service increasing to 4 times per week soon so it must be performing well.

drerx7

Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:15 am

Houston is not a dirty city--especially for its size; its no dirtier than Dallas, and while Houston is not a very big tourist city, it attracts many south of the border visitors that come for shopping. Beyond that, the Texas Medical Center generates its share of traffic. Sounds like a bit of envy on the part of Jcs17. Houston is more of an international city than Dallas--hence the larger numbers of foreign carriers. In addition to CI adding a 4th weekly flight, BA will go to 20 weekly flights to IAH, and the AF 777-300ERs are not far off from IAH. With Skyteam alliance traffic increasing, I wouldn't be surprised to see KE move from DFW to IAH.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

bartond

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:29 am

Alright quit with the stupid Dallas vs. Houston gig. Geezus, you can't start any thread on this site that doesn't end up in an Airbus vs. Boeing or AA vs. UA or Bush vs. Kerry or Houston vs. Dallas bit.

I'm just trying to think about how big of an impact the loss of 220 DL flights to/from DFW will have on the KE flight DFW-ICN? I know that some of the pax that fly on the KE flight begin their trip in Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, etc. and take DL to DFW then KE on to ICN, but I also know that a LOT of Asians in the DFW area use only KE when they fly back and forth for business and/or to go visit family. That's not enough to warrant the flight by itself but can DFW support this flight without much help from Delta? Maybe IAH could support it but like someone mentioned before, IAH already has the new China Airlines service that is expanding. Then again, they'd have bushels of CO feed like via IAH.

Once again, would it not work for AA to startup a codeshare with KE? Probably not viable for just this route but they could use it for the LAX-ICN flight, too.

jrlander

Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:38 am

I can't imagine AA would startup a codeshare with KE, given that KE already codeshares with DL and will (probably) soon codeshare with other SkyTeam members CO and NW. Doesn't AA already codeshare with Asiana, KE's Korean competitor?

drerx7

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:29 am

Honestly, I don't think there can be a thread like this without a Dallas vs. Houston gig starting -- lol the rivalry goes way back before A.net's time. As far as Korean is concerned--I think that the metroplex can support the flight; however, with the Delta codeshare and potential Skyteam benefits at IAH, this may prove to be a more lucrative move for Korean.

ConcordeBoy

Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:33 am

Doesn't AA already codeshare with Asiana, KE's Korean competitor?

Asiana went to Star

N276AASTT

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:28 am

Does anyone think maybe IBERIA from Madrid have a shot at DFW? With the Oneworld feed from AA, that might translate into a daily service? What do ya'll think? I would love to see the A340-600 there.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Helmut Bierbaum

Dejale Caer tu el Peso! YOMO

COTXDFW777AA

Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:48 am

I think IAH could handle KE bc of the connecting traffic and it large asian pop. It can handle CI and it is a tag on flight, and does not have any connecting partners in IAH. IAH is becoming an amazing airport and could handle both flights easy.
Texas- it's like a whole different country!

saxman66

Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:43 am

Well despite all the wondering who will come and who will not, DFW will no doubt be most impressive. With the new terminal already looking complete and the SkyLink running tests around, it will truly be an international airport of the 21st Century. Getting some inside scoop from members of the board, DFW is operating at only 80% capacity. They would like to see build up of Airtran, but as said before, it may be a little slower then they would like. DFW has been really wanting JetBlue to come into town as well. I won't even talk about international carriers for fear of being bickered at.

And the statement about DFW falling out of the top ten is has no basis. I don't think DFW would start building terminal F if that were the case. I'm not sure when it will be started but soon after terminal D is finished, is the last I heard. DFW is indeed a big gateway for business, holding many Fortune 500 companies as well as banking and commerce.

Here's something to toute about Houston too: Houston ranks second in the nation in terms of culteral events going on in the city, only behind New York. I'm talking about shows, concerts, the arts. Something is always going on there. Thats probably due to the huge amount of talent at many of the schools and universities there. Or vice versa. (not to get off topic or anything)
Ride Amtrak!

JayDavis

Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:02 am

I have a friend who works for CO and another friend who works for KE. With CO joining SkyTeam, look for CO to start feeding the KE flight from IAH. I know that CO/NW have code-share stuff all over Asia via CO's flight from IAH to NRT and then connecting to NW, yet, NW doesn't serve as many destinations from NRT to Asia as KE does from ICN.

Would love to see JetBlue and Spirit come into DFW. I think JAL is a possibility once they get international B-777's. From what I've heard from the JAL rep, most of their B-777's are domestic right now.

You also have to realize, you can't compare IAH to DFW. IAH serves only one large city, while DFW serves both Dallas and Fort Worth. IAH does have more International carriers and that has a GREAT deal to do with the oil and gas industries and the Houston Ship Channel.

Jay

LV

Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:16 pm

Any update on the rumor that DHL might make a move for DL cargo center at DFW? That would make it a hub for two cargo lines....AA all day and UPS and DHL all night

AAtakeMeAway

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:59 pm

It appeared to me that Terminal D is physically connected to Terminal B, like one big terminal (not just by train track/roadway.) Did I see that right???

airstatdfw

Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:15 pm

AATakemeAway,
You did see it correctly Term B is connected to Term D. I believe they are going to have to get rid of gates B1- B4, so they can use gate D27 and D28. Term D will also be connected to Term C by a walk way that is almost complete across International Pkwy.

AirStatDFW

texdravid

Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:16 am

I love this topic because it gives me so much room to bash my hometown airport DFW "International".

To those who think that KE will move from DFW to IAH, I strongly agree. Houston is much more cosmpolitan, has more Asians than the DFW market, and would fit better for KE in terms of O&D traffic.

Look for it to happen shortly after Delta moves everything but the kitchen sink later this year.

DFW fans like Bartond, who is a great poster on A.net by the way, are in denial about this and other things about DFW. Terminal D wil do nothing, nothing to bring new carriers to DFW.

With Delta leaving, KE would be stupid to leave itself on an island with no domestic feed, plain and simple.

I predict KE will leave, and BA will either leave or scale back as their 777 service to Gatwick never was a great route for them. They could use that aircraft to add services to real international cities.

So there you have it DFW, only LH will remain in a few years, and that's only because of Indians like me who travel to India and use it to connect via Frankfurt. If AI somehow goes to IAH, LH will be in trouble in DFW, and then what??!!! We'll have to go back to the name DFW regional airport, the name it was given back in the early 70's when it opened.

DFW sucks, and it will continue to be suck so long as AA dominates.
Thanks for viewing my tirade...

drerx7

Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:31 am

Wow, that's pretty harsh view on DFW--lol; I don't believe BA will leave DFW--the DFW has a slightly larger catchement area than IAH--so it can support numorus international flights. Dallas is not in the same league as Houston is on the international front, hence more international carriers at IAH; while I don't believe the new international terminal at DFW will make too much of a difference in attracting new carriers, I believe they will secure a couple of airlines. Like I said before, I think that Korean can sustain service to DFW w/o Delta--but I doubt they would stay if they can get additional feed from IAH.

saxman66

Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:05 am

I don't know why some people choose to say DFW sucks without backing it up why. DFW will not regress to DFW Regional Airport again. Being called international has nothing to do with having international flights. Grand Forks, North Dakota has an airport called Grand Forks International Airport, yet only Northwest flies to MSP from there.

Now DFW may not be the top destination for foriegners, it is not the last either. According to several travel and tourism stats, DFW ranks 21st among top destinations for international passengers. This is right around Seattle (20), Maui(22), Ft. Lauderdale(16), New Orleans(17), and not far from Houston(16). This is well ahead of other Texas cities, such as Austin and San Antonio, ranking 42nd and 43nd respectively. DFW's international traffic has increased 69% in the past four years. So where you get DFW has no tourism or business for foreigners, please tell me. Obviously the airlines wouldn't add those flights if people weren't flying on them.

Visitors to the DFW region give $7.1 billion to the local economy, more than 25% of the rest of the states visitor income. Domestically speaking Texas ranks 2nd behind California as a leasure destination. And the region is ranks third among top US business destinations.

BA will not leave, and doubt LH will leave. We'll about KE, yet this is all speculation. You can hate DFW and AA all you want, but you gotta have someway of backing it up to prove yourself.

Chris
Ride Amtrak!

ConcordeBoy

Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:15 pm

DFW ranks 21st among top destinations for international passengers. This is right around Seattle (20), Maui(22), Ft. Lauderdale(16), New Orleans(17), and not far from Houston(16).

...yeah, and we see how well NOLA is doing with attracting int'l carriers/routes.

Most USA airports would rather report gaining:
  • Paris
  • London
  • Amsterdam
  • Mexico City
  • Cancun
  • Maracaibo
  • Caracas
  • Montego Bay
  • Freeport
  • etc

....instead of losing them in the last 25yrs  Yeah sure

[Edited 2004-11-06 04:21:09]
  • Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

MSYtristar

Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:24 pm

It's ok Fred, we don't need tons of international carriers to prove that we (New Orleans) are an international city. Our port does that job quite nicely with daily arrivals from Hong Kong, Korea, etc. And of course the weekly cruises to the Caribbeaan and Mexico. And the French Quarter, with its pleathora of French and Spabish influence. The list goes on and on, i'm sure ya get my drift.

DFW does get a bad rap. I'll be there for two weeks starting on Monday. Better than spending two weeks in Altanta, Charlotte, Philly, Memphis, etc.

MSYtristar

Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:28 pm

MSY is as internatonal as they get baby. We don't need BA or LH to prove that. Not many cities have a port which sees daily arrivals from Europe, Asia, and Central/South America (besides us, Houston, Miami, L.A, San Fran, Seattle, NYC...that's pretty much it in the states). Not many cities have as much European influence as we do...look at the French Quarter...tons of French and Spanish influence. No one can deny that.

Back to the topic, DFW gets a bad rap. I'll be there for 2 weeks starting on Monday. I'd rather be there then in ATL/CLT/MEM/PIT/MCI/etc.