smcmac32msn

Is It Safe To Buy An ATA Ticket For Dec.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:06 pm

... to buy a ticket for mid-December on ATA on the MSN-MDW-FNT-MDW-MSN route with the impending death of ATA at the hands of Chpt 11? I would also like to know what would happen if C8 were to cease operations before the date I was scheduled to fly?
Hey Obama, keep the change! I want my dollar back.

Type-Rated

Is It Safe To Buy An ATA Ticket For Dec.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:12 pm

As was noted in earlier press releases, ATA is not going to stop flying and the impression I got was that any new owner would "phase in" their operations over a 6 month or so period. They intend on operating their schedule...
If C8 stopped flying, I am sure someone else would drop in and pick up the service.

But just to be safe....
Make sure you buy your ticket with a credit card. This way if they can't fly you there, you can call the credit card company and tell them what happened and they will credit your account.

Fly North Central Airlines..The route of the Northliners!

jjbiv

RE: Is It Safe To Buy An ATA Ticket For Dec.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:41 am

I agree with the above advice. Buy the ticket (especially since all your flights are on C8) but purchase with a credit card. I've seen no signs suggesting that we will stop operating.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to write a trip report.

joe

LN-MOW

Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:40 am

You're fine.
We expect no changes to the schedules until January at the earliest.

- I am LN-MOW, and I approve this message.

jetdeltamsy

Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:27 pm

it appears that you will be fine. but with the price of oil draining the bank accouns of every airline, i'd be prudent if i were you.

fly delta. (i'm not sure we even fly the route, but...maybe thru cvg) we need the business and have a billion and a half dollars still in the bank...we'll be flying.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.