Ezra
Topic Author

Mobile Lounges At ATL?

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:23 am

I came across this picture and was interested to see what look like mobile lounges at ATL. What gates/airlines use mobile lounges at ATL? Thanks!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Paul Robbins

dairbus

RE: Mobile Lounges At ATL?

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:29 am

The mobile lounges are not used on a regular basis by scheduled flights. They are used when there are no international gates available or when a flight has to be deplaned in a remote location due to security issues.
"I love mankind. It's people I can't stand." - Charles Shultz

srbmod

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:32 am

They are used whenever an a/c has to be deplaned on the taxiways in emergency situations, as ATL does not have any remote stands like @ JFK and IAD that use them. I've only seen them used a handful of times over the last 5 years.

jetjeanes

Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:35 am

Ive seen those parked down at the intl gates, but i certainly didnt think they had been used in years
i can see for 80 miles

OttoPylit

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:08 am

As stated, they are only parked by E Concourse in case of an airplane having to be parked in a remote location, or in the event of the ATL subway train that moves between the terminals.

With the way they are currently parked, if you ever fly out of E-35, you will notice that upon pushback, the plane will then be pulled up a little towards the turn onto the taxiways. The reason for this is if a plane was unhooked from the towbar immediately after pushback, the jetblast could severely damage the movers. For some reason, ATL cannot find a better place to park them. All that open space, no place to put them.
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.