AV8AJET
Topic Author

BA's (LHR - PHX) Will It Ever Go Daily?

Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:49 am

When our flight to LHR from PHX was flown with the B772 it was a daily service. Since it has switched to the B744 (which I LOVE!)  Smile/happy/getting dizzy it was changed to 6x weekly service (no Wednesday). Does anyone know or think it will ever go daily again. I have taken this flight twice this year and they were incredibly FULL! Seems like a good flight for BA, if it's an aircraft shortage for the 744 couldn't they just add a 772 on Wednesdays? I know people have talked about this flight as a "low yield" flight but the ticket prices seem to stay high on this route, well above in the average of $900 plus for a roundtrip World Traveler ticket. What do you guys think?

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ben Wang
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jay Piboontum

"To fly or not to fly there is no question!"

MAH4546

RE: BA's (LHR - PHX) Will It Ever Go Daily?

Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:12 pm

I know people have talked about this flight as a "low yield" flight but the ticket prices seem to stay high on this route, well above in the average of $900 plus for a roundtrip World Traveler ticket. What do you guys think?

It's a low-yielding route. The premium cabin loads, I'm sure, are terrible. Serving the route daily is not nessecary, though I wouldn't rule it out in the future.
a.