Jetmarc

Transpo Between IAD And BWI

Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:51 am

Does anyone know the easiest wait to get between IAD and BWI? I have a few layovers and need to make my way up to Baltimore - are there shuttles between airports? Or how much would a cab cost? Any help and info is appreciated!!
"Sucka, I'm gonna send you out on Knuckle Airlines. Fist Class!!" ~ Mr. T

eyesinthesky

RE: Transpo Between IAD And BWI

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:14 am

Cab would prob cost about 100-150usd. Maybe a bit more. If I had the time I would take the Washington Flyer from IAD to the West Fallschurch Metro station for 8USD. Then take the Metro from West Falls Church to Union station where there is a MARC train that runs frequently to BWI. Not sure about the cost for the MARC train but I am sure you can look it up at Union Stations Website or BWIs.

Jetmarc

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:29 am

Truly appreciate your help! Thank you!

hoya

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 am

MARC trains, which only run on weekdays, cost about $7 from Union Station to the BWI station. AMTRAK, which runs at least once an hour, will cost about $13. From Dulles, there's also the 5A Metrobus for $3 that will take you to either Rosslyn Metro Station or L'Enfant Plaza Metro, and from either two you can get to Union Station, though you will have to transfer within metro to the Red Line at Metro Center. The Washington Flyer bus runs every half hour, and the Metrobus runs every hour. I hope this is helpful.
Hoya Saxa!!

roseflyer

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:35 am

It is about 60 miles and driving time is about an hour and a half. A cab would be outrageously expensive. Probably significantly more than $100.

In reality the cheapest way might be just renting a car and driving between the two. You can probably get a car for $20-30 plus a few bucks on gas. It would be a whole lot easier and faster then trying to get into the city and transitting that far. But transiting through the trains would be an interesting way to go and probably a little bit cheaper.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

alespesl

Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:56 am

I checked on www.hertz.com. If you rent car at IAD and return same day, maybe just couple hours later to BWI, it will cost you around 22.00 USD including the taxes.

I think including the gas, around 30 USD. Much better deal and less hassle than taking a bus, subway, train, etc......

Ales

Jetmarc

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:03 am

All sounds good, renting a car sounds the best. Thanks again for all the help!!

AGrayson514

Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:11 am

Washington Flyer takes a while, but its nothing compared to the Taxi fare. The Taxi situation at IAD is semi confusing, as it is restricted to one company (also operating under the name Washington Flyer) but if you ask for help they are generally very accomodating. Enjoy!

~ Andrew Grayson
Give a little bit...