soups

MEA Ticket Problem

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:29 am

Hi i have booked a ACC-BEY-LHR-BEY-ACC class D (cedar class)
However when i bought the ticket MEA had a frequency of 4 flights a week betwen beirut and accra, however now it has reduced it to one,
the problem is that i cant fly with MEA to ACC cause i will have a 30+ hour layover..
do you think its possible they can change the ticket to be something like LHR-CDG-BEY-ACC? (via their partners AF)?
I am not that keen on long layover, leaving on thursday 12 noon landing on saturday morning.
what are my options?
will their ME215 (night flight) resume during the xmas peak season?
thanks
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

BA

RE: MEA Ticket Problem

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:41 am

soups,

I don't know what to tell you, but the increase of ACC to 4 flights a week was only a summer seasonal upgrade.

Flights to Lagos, Abidjan, and Kano all terminated in Accra for the summer season.

As usual, the West Africa service has now resumed to the usual 2x weekly BEY-LOS-ABJ-LOS-BEY and 1x weekly BEY-KAN-ACC-KAN-BEY that operates the rest of the year.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

soups

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:46 am

i know that it was an increase just for the summer however i have now got a ticket from LHR to ACC with MEA and they dont anymore conections

MEA321

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:52 am

Soups,

I wish there was something any of us could do on this forum. It seems your problem lies with the agency which issued your tickets. Airlines are usually willing to let you fly standby, and if your luck is right you might get home in a relatively shorter period of time that three days!

However thats depending on how your luck is on that particular day. You might get bumped or denied several times.

By the way...where is your layover? If its at BEY then go get a VISA at security and enjoy yourself for 30 hours! There is plenty to see and experience in that time. Good luck with your travels....
MEA321

soups

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:51 pm

i already got a lebanese passport (dual citizenshsip) however my point is to leave the UK on friday to catch the 02:00am flight on saturday...
ticket was issued by MEA itself FULL FARE CEDAR CLASS (i think) and its an open return

AMS

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:58 pm

As long as the ticket is a full-fare, then your ticket should be completely endorseble to another flight/Airline. However the ticket can be only endorsed at the point of departure, if not then your ticket may be recalculated to determine what the remaining value is.

Regards,
AMS

soups

Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:59 pm

MEA opens in 1 minute from now, going to give them a call and see what they say

soups

Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:16 pm

spoke to MEA lady said she cant help me i should give ticketing a number after 10 minutes of ringing someone answers and he says my only options is to stay in beirut (which i dont fancy, i replied will you guarantee me a visa? lol), i suggested to fly me via aCDG with their parteners AF, he then replied i should fax them the ticket so they can fax it to head office in beirut to see if they can transfer it via CDG, he said when reply from head office comes he can know if its a 'special fare' ticket

JGPH1A

Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:00 pm

Sounds like you spoke to the cleaner at the MEA Ticketing office - he should be able to retrieve your PNR and see the fare calculation and ticketing data and check if its a special fare or not ! Hell, even I can do that !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos