BillElliott9
Topic Author

NW/DL Club Access Question

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:13 pm

Quick Question: I am a WorldClub Member who will be flying NW from DEN to PBI next month. I know that if I am on a DL flight I have access to the Crown Room Club....(I have done this several times) but do I have access if I am flying purely on NW (not listed as a DL Flight)? Do the same rules apply to CO, as well?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. Thanks.
You can fight without ever winning but never really win without a fight.

dtwclipper

RE: NW/DL Club Access Question

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:17 pm

I have had the same problem at CVG I don't think we have entry unless we are on a DL flight, however, this may have changed with the skyteam rules.

"Must present valid WorldClubs card and a ticket or boarding pass on a DL or NW designated Delta Air Lines operated flight."

[Edited 2004-11-04 15:19:37]
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

B4REAL

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:33 pm

You must be travelling on the operator of the club's airline to enjoy the use of the lounge. You can be a member of any partner club program to meet this criteria. B4
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

BillElliott9
Topic Author

Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:34 pm

Thanks. I was afraid that would be the answer; Maybe I will luck out and it is a joint NW/CO Flight. Who knows.

I think access to the other clubs is a great benefit and am thankful either way. Especially living in PBI where there is no WorldClub; in fact I fly DL more because of the club access.

N6376M

Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:08 am

I don't think this is correct any more. I regularly fly through ATL on ASA (a DL Connection carrier). My flight typically leaves from Terminal D so there's no DL Crown Room. I never have any problem using the CO lounge in Concourse D flying on a DL ticket.

Gitano

Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:18 am

n6375M
I regularly fly through ATL on ASA (a DL Connection carrier). My flight typically leaves from Terminal D so there's no DL Crown Room. I never have any problem using the CO lounge in Concourse D flying on a DL ticket.

Most likely your flight is a CO code share flt. Is you flight is operated by DL but is a CO Codeshare flt you may have no problem using the Presidents Club.

N6376M

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:21 am

Gitano -

The Delta flights are not code share with CO. In fact, the door of the President Club has a sign inviting DL flyers.

AMS

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:24 am

This is why I prefer the Star-alliance, since you may use any lounge of any star alliance airline, as long if you are a gold-member and flying on a star alliance carrier.

Regards,
AMS

dtwclipper

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:33 am

The presidents club is open to NW Worldclub members.

I was in Denver last week again on NW and they never quesion me.

I would think that the rules may have changes though with Skyteam.

BillElliott9
Topic Author

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:33 am

Thanks for all the input. I will attempt to go in the CRC and report the result here. As I said, it is a nice benefit and I am appreciative of it.

dtwclipper

Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:35 am

From the Skyteam site:

• All First and Business Class passengers traveling on a same day flight operated by a SkyTeam member have access to these exclusive facilities.
• SkyTeam Elite Plus* members, regardless of their travel class, also have access to most SkyTeam lounges
as long as travel is in conjunction with a same-day international connection on a SkyTeam operated flight.
In addition, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed to invite a guest to join them in the lounge.

bustraveler

Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:20 am

So if I am flying PDX - CVG - BWI in First/Business on Friday, I have access to SkyTeam's lounges?

B4REAL

Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:37 pm

Bustraveler:

If you are travelling on an International Biz Ticket you can get access to the DL Business Elite lounge if in the airport or the DL Crown Room if no BizE lounge. First class travel has no corresponding lounge access complimentary with travel (rev or non-rev).
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

BillElliott9
Topic Author

Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:43 am

OK, maybe I am dense but the quote above from the SkyTeam site says: "All First and Business Class passengers traveling on a same day flight operated by a SkyTeam member have access to these exclusive facilities". It does not mention international only.

Therefore, I would think A WorldClub Member flying F on NW would have access to the DL Crown Room in DEN. Of course ther is the CO option, too but I believe the Presidents Club is in Terminal A while NW and DL are in Terminal C.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos