PanAm747
Topic Author

Why No HP Service To SGU?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:02 am

Greetings to all -

Talking with my dad today - he went to Dixie College in St George, Utah, back in the day when it had less than 10,000 people. While reminiscing, he mentioned that it is now an enormous city that is quite spread out and is growing at a phenomenal rate.

I wonder why America West Express has not extended flights into SGU? I realize that SkyWest Airlines is based in St George; however, they do not have a sizeable number of flights, and I believe they no longer fly SGU-LAS.

Wouldn't it make sense for HP Express to fly SGU-LAS and SGU-PHX? If there's a market for Prescott, Kingman, and Page, I would imagine SGU would be a decent market for them.

Any insights?
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

prosa

RE: Why No HP Service To SGU?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:18 am

Probably too close to LAS. It's what, maybe a 90-minute drive?
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

jkudall

RE: Why No HP Service To SGU?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:29 am

Once the new airport is built, you will likely see quite an increase in air service to SGU. SkyWest will likely fly RJ's there (the current airport cannot support RJ's). AWE service is possible but probably not until the new airport is built.